PlatformIO Community

Add New platform and tools!

Hi I’m working on new platform for Infineon Aurix MCU and Arduino framework from Hitex (shieldbuddy board).

I have already run ( compiler and uploader) work 100%.
For TESTING purposes, I have copied a .piopm file from another package and swap the “I’d” by random number and change the name, type,etc for appropriate ones.
This way I got it to work!

I have some questions…

How can I upload it to platformio database?

The .piopm file is generated by pkg installation?

Yes. It should be deleted before upload, the main package info is supposed to be in package.json.

pio pkg publish --type platform.

ok, thanks Max! I’ll try, but first I have another question.
how can i path a toolchain already installed in my pc?

I have added this in builder/main.py and it works, but I don’t know if it’s the right way
env.PrependENVPath(
“PATH”,
“C:/anytoolchain/bin”
)

This is not the PlatformIO way. You should create a toolchain-xxxx package (e.g. toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi), i.e., add a package.json in the the toolchain’s folder with the appropriate name and version (example).

You can reference that in the platform.json (example) and main.py (example).

Note that the version for a package in the platform.json can also be symlink://<some local path on your computer> for the toolchain.

Hi max, thanks for your information, just now I just published 3 packages .
Should I wait for admin approval?
This is the repo:

Packages are usually approved within a week, but if you don’t want to wait, you can also point to the git repository in the version field for a package in the platform.json.

Ok thanks, I don’t know if I should open another post or continue in this one,In the case of Aurix microcontroller it is a multicore and uses:
void setup();
void loop();
void setup1();
void loop1();
void setup2();
void loop2();

How can I generate the main.cpp when starting the project with these extras?
I know that the penv\Lib\site-packages\platformio\home\rpc\handlers\project.py generates this file.

1 Like

IF platform name != “arduino”, SRC folder is empty onCreate project

Thanks i will try this!!! :+1: