VSCode, is PlatformIO using "includePath" in the .json file...?

Hello,
I am quite new to this kind of IDE, so, I am making some experiments to check wheter this IDE may fit my professional needs for a project with an ESP32…
I am trying to build an example from the esp-mdf ( the mesh package ) for ESP-32 and I need to cut off the default downloaded ESP-IDF package from the search paths, as such IDF seems to lack of some definitions used by the esp-mdf stuff ( which holds its own idf folder )…
So I Copied the ‘esp-mdf/components’ branch into my ‘project/lib’ folder, and removed ‘framework = espidf’ reference in the ‘Platformio.ini’ file…
This caused the includePath statement in the ‘c_cpp_properties.json’ file to be compiled with the correct paths from the ‘project/lib/…’ folders, as search folders for any stuff…
Now, I assumed such paths would have been searched at build time, but instead, it appears they are not looked into by the IDE/Compiler, as I get ‘no file errors’ for files whose location however appears to be in the ‘includePath’ statement…
I know ‘includepath’ is used, because if I restore the ‘framework = espdif’ statement, the incudePath statement is generated again, and some of the files previously not found in my ‘project/lib’ folder are now found in the default espdif folders…
So, how this stuff works really…?

Any way to make the IDE to look into the esp-mdf folders…?

Thanks

Alex

We currently does not support ESP-MDF. See

Hello Ivan,

thanks for the reply,
I already knew you do not support it, my question infact is not about the support of the MDF stuff, it is about the ‘includePath’ statement in the ‘c_cpp_properties.json’ file…
Is that statement used by the platformio platform in any way…? I can not use a platform if every time I need to add some unsupported paths/libraries I need to wait for the platform developer to support it…

Thanks for the support…

You need to use Redirecting...

Ok, thanks…

It is what I way already trying before, but hoped in a more ‘easy’ way…

Kind Regards

Alex