V3 framework-arduinoteensy minimal project fails to build

Well, ok, not totally minimal, but as soon as I include a display library, the build fails.

$ platformio --version
PlatformIO, version 3.0.0.dev11
$ platformio init --ide clion --board teensy31
PlatformManager: Updating teensy @ ~0.0.0:
Versions: Current=0.0.0, Latest=0.0.0 	 [Up-to-date]
PackageManager: Updating framework-arduinoteensy @ ~1.128.0:
Versions: Current=1.128.0, Latest=1.128.0 	 [Up-to-date]
PlatformIO has been successfully upgraded to 3.0.0.dev11!

The offending source file:

$ cat src/cap.cpp 
#include <Arduino.h>
#include <Adafruit_ST7735.h>
#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
void setup() {
    Serial.begin(19200);  // USB, communication to PC or Mac
    while(!Serial) {
        digitalWriteFast(13u, HIGH);
        delay(20);
    }
    digitalWriteFast(13u, LOW);
    Serial.println("Connected.");
}
void loop() {
}

Attempting to build:

$ platformio run --target upload
[Mon Jul 25 21:13:25 2016] Processing teensy31 (platform: teensy, board: teensy31, framework: arduino)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collecting 29 compatible libraries
Looking for dependencies...
Depends on <Robot Control> v1.0
Depends on <TFT> v1.0
Processing src/cap.cpp
Processing .platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/cores/teensy3/AudioStream.cpp
In file included from /Users/robwills/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/Robot_Control/src/Fat16.h:29:0,
from /Users/robwills/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/Robot_Control/src/SquawkSD.h:4,
from /Users/robwills/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/Robot_Control/src/ArduinoRobot.h:6,
from /Users/robwills/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/Robot_Control/src/ArduinoRobot.cpp:1:
/Users/robwills/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/Robot_Control/src/SdCard.h:76:2: error: #error unknown CPU
#error unknown CPU
^

I’ve had a quick look through the headers that Adafruit_ST7735.h and Adafruit_GFX.h want, and no chain of #include results in SdCard.h.

So, two questions really…

1. Why pull in SdCard.h for the build?

I noticed that an example in that “TFT” library is trying to pull in the SD library. Maybe the examples are not being excluded during the source discovery phase?

1. Why would a header living in /framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/ fail to compile?

Is it fair to expect any libraries that are “includable” from the framework should have all the necessary CPU defines etc, to build successfully?

Thanks a lot for the example. I’m working on the new version of PlatformIO 3.0 Library Builder. It will have very improved behaviour. I’ll report here when new development version is ready.

Awesome. Please let me know when to upgrade and test :slight_smile:

It should work with the latest development version.