User called ficeto in file path

Hi, I was just testing my debugger and stepped into some esp32 system code and got the following message, which seems to be looking for files from a user called ficeto on his desktop :smile:

Breakpoint 
2, loop () at src\main.cpp:14
14	  digitalWrite(pinn, LOW);
Info : Target halted. PRO_CPU: PC=0x400E991E             APP_CPU: PC=0x400E991E (active)
Target halted. PRO_CPU: PC=0x400E991E             APP_CPU: PC=0x400E991E (active)

Program received signal 
SIGINT, Interrupt.
[Switching to Thread 1073464936]
0x400e991e in esp_pm_impl_waiti () at /Users/ficeto/Desktop/ESP32/ESP32/esp-idf-public/components/esp32/pm_esp32.c:487
487	/Users/ficeto/Desktop/ESP32/ESP32/esp-idf-public/components/esp32/pm_esp32.c: No such file or directory.

… and if you do a search of the ESP-IDF repo for ficeto… you’ll find it mentioned in more than few issues when posting debug logs… ficeto certainly seems to get around a lot! :laughing:

1 Like

Is there an accepted way to change this so the correct file path can be used? some kind of search and replace I going to guess or an additional file path?

I suspect not… and that this is actually the correct path - I think these are the binary blob closed-source parts of the firmware… so the path is the references to the original source files that compiled those binaries. If you do a search across the entire esp32 source files… you’ll notice the matches to ficeto are all in the binaries… or one reference in the Wire library header and source.

Modified April 2015 by Hrsto Gochkov (ficeto@ficeto.com) - alternative esp8266 support

Okie dokie, thanks for that. I’ll have to write some emails like “Dear ficeto, gimme your source code, the make community needs it!”

1 Like