Upload timeout error on MC60 Module

hi,
I am facing timeout error when I am trying to upload a program to my MC60 quectel module.
I am just trying to fetch data from a gps example code through platform io in vscode, but not able to upload it please provide any help or suggestions , Thank you

• full platformio.ini?
  • your operating system / distro?
  • full “Upload” task output?
  • output of pio device list in a CLI?

thanks for replying here is it what you asked for
device - COM5 USB Serial Port (COM5) USB VID:PID=0403:6001 SER=A50285BIA
platformio.ini -

[platformio]
default_envs = mc60

[env:mc60]
platform = quectel
board = mc60
framework = opencpu

os- windows 10
upload task output - TIMEOUT

Processing mc60 (platform: quectel; board: mc60; framework: opencpu)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
<<<<<<<<<<<< QUECTEL MC60 MODULE 2018 Georgi Angelov >>>>>>>>>>>>       
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/quectel/mc60.html
PLATFORM: Quectel (2.1.3+sha.3738509) > Quectel MC60 module
HARDWARE: ARM, MT2503 260MHz, 100KB RAM, 320KB Flash
DEBUG: Current (uart) On-board (uart)
PACKAGES:
 - framework-quectel 2.1.3+sha.cde2255
 - tool-quectel 1.0.0+sha.b65e42d
 - toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi 1.70201.0 (7.2.1)
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> http://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Found 0 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
No dependencies
Building in release mode
ADD HEADER
Checking size .pio\build\mc60\program.elf
BIN SIZE: 18.28125 kB
Advanced Memory Usage is available via "PlatformIO Home > Project Inspect"
RAM:   [          ]   4.0% (used 4112 bytes from 102400 bytes)
Flash: [          ]   0.0% (used 80 bytes from 327680 bytes)
Configuring upload protocol...
Looking for upload port...
Auto-detected: COM5
Uploading: program
<..............................................
ERROR: Timeout
*** [upload] Explicit exit, status 2

I see, so it’s failing in

at the very first step of even connecting to the chip.

• which exact board do you have? Any link to the hardware?
  • the target board is powered via e.g. USB?
  • have you connected and wired the USB-Serial adapter yourself to the board or is it built-in on the board?
  • do you know of any procedure to get the chip into bootloader mode where it accepts a new firmware maybe?

yes , to get the chip in to bootloader I have to fuse w1 together and its our own developed board using mc60 module, i have programmed it with q flasher official software but now when i am trying it with platform io its not uploading.
I am using a FTDI programmer YP-05 to upload the code in this module

The platform has some closed issues regarding uploading (Issues · Wiz-IO/platform-quectel · GitHub), maybe you can find something in there. One says that you need to reset the board?

Right now it looks like the Python script doesn’t receive any answer from the module via UART at all.

You should open an issue at Issues · Wiz-IO/platform-quectel · GitHub to get help from the platform developer if you’re still stuck.

now I am getting a same error its same as you have shared with me in the link , as I have resolved previous one, it was the board which was not getting in to bootloader mode.

Try commenting in that issue you mean, and use the QFlash application in the meantime. PlatformIO generates the firmware / program bin file in the .pio\ folder of the project, you should be able to upload that through the program.

yes , i am able to upload my program with qflash but not with platformio , but i can open serial monitor on platformio after uploading my program with qflash , this is strange just the upload function not working .

BTW: MC60 is not tested ( I not have module ) … but MC60 is as M66 and uploader work

1 Like