Update arduinoespressif32

Hey Guys,
is it somehow possible to update the framework “framework-arduinoespressif32” to the newest release?
They just added e.g. the SimpleBLE, a feature me and many others waited for a long time.

If it’s not as easy as I imagine, is it possible to locally replace the framework with the newest version?

Kind Regards,
RSchlenker

http://docs.platformio.org/en/latest/platforms/espressif32.html#using-arduino-framework-with-staging-version

I’ve been trying to install this and get this error on my first build. I’ve updated everything else (Atom packages, platformio core, platform packaches and libraries. My platformio.ini is:
[env:esp32dev]
platform = espressif32_stage
board = esp32dev
framework = arduino

The error is:
[03/01/17 17:48:47] Processing esp32dev (platform: espressif32_stage, board: esp32dev, framework: ar
duino)

PackageManager: Installing framework-arduinoespressif32
git version 2.12.0.windows.1
Cloning into ‘C:\Users\steve.platformio\packages\installing-yh6zus-package’…
framework-arduinoespressif32 @ 0.0.0 has been successfully installed!
Verbose mode can be enabled via -v, --verbose option
TypeError: object of type ‘NoneType’ has no len():
File “C:\Users\steve.atom\packages\platformio-ide\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\main.py
“, line 142:
env.SConscript(”$BUILD_SCRIPT”)
File “C:\Users\steve.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script..\engine\SCons\Script\SConscript.py”, l
ine 541:
return _SConscript(self.fs, *files, **subst_kw)
File “C:\Users\steve.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script..\engine\SCons\Script\SConscript.py”, l
ine 250:
exec file in call_stack[-1].globals

File “C:\Users\steve.platformio\platforms\espressif32_stage\builder\main.py”, line 138:
target_elf = env.BuildProgram()
File “C:\Users\steve.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script..\engine\SCons\Environment.py”, line 22
4:
return self.method(*nargs, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\steve.atom\packages\platformio-ide\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\tools\p
latformio.py”, line 56:
env.BuildFrameworks(env.get(“PIOFRAMEWORK”))
File “C:\Users\steve.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script..\engine\SCons\Environment.py”, line 22
4:
return self.method(*nargs, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\steve.atom\packages\platformio-ide\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\tools\p
latformio.py”, line 258:
SConscript(env.GetFrameworkScript(f))

ine 604:
return method(*args, **kw)
ine 541:
return _SConscript(self.fs, *files, **subst_kw)
ine 250:
exec file in call_stack[-1].globals
File “C:\Users\steve.platformio\platforms\espressif32_stage\builder\frameworks\arduino.py”, line 30
:
“framework-arduinoespressif32”), “tools”, “platformio-build.py”))
File “c:\users\steve.atom\packages\platformio-ide\penv\lib\ntpath.py”, line 65:
result_drive, result_path = splitdrive(path)
File “c:\users\steve.atom\packages\platformio-ide\penv\lib\ntpath.py”, line 115:
if len(p) > 1:
[ERROR] Took 9.14 seconds

I was thinking it was this path but the path is correct, the slash got deleted when I copy/pasted.

I’ve uninstalled espressif32 and espressif32_stage, then reinstalled stage only and get the same error.

I’ve just deployed new PIO Core 3.3.0a14. Could you remove C:\Users\steve\.platformio folder and try again?

Well, I had it working a few days ago but now when I try to build I get:
PlatformManager: Installing espressif32_stage
Error: Detected unknown package ‘espressif32_stage’

I uninstalled and reinstalled the dev version as described here: Redirecting...

No luck. Then I reverted back to the regular version and get the same.

1. Switch to the latest PlatformIO IDE 2.0 (PIO IDE 1.0 > Home > Buton with “Switch…”)
  2. PIO IDE 2.0: Home > Platforms > Advanced (button) and install:
https://github.com/platformio/platform-espressif32.git#feature/stage

OK it’s working. Thanks!

Hi!

Actually what’s the right way to use SimpleBLE library in PIO?

I’m getting this error:

/home/fernandogarcia/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif32@src-537c58760dafe7fcc8a1d9bbcf00b6f6/libraries/WiFiProv/src/WiFiProv.cpp:39:10: fatal error: SimpleBLE.h: No such file or directory

From I can see this library is included in Arduino-esp32 package since 2021.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.