Unit Testing Error

1. Yes, Connect the target board UART rx and tx, to the BMP UART tx and Rx, the device monitor should see it. Gimme fifteen mins I should be able to post the console output with the connections.

2. Not particularly. Native serial if we can get it work in the arm framework should be good enough, since we are not actually debugging but running unit tests. It seems like an overkill for this job.

Sorry for the delay,
A test program on the target that used the serial.print and the connections as described above,the serial monitor was able to see the data.
:slight_smile:

So, I guess the test_port option as you suggested @ivankravets would be the solution to unit testing on the stm boards.

Unit Testing has been significantly improve in the latest PIO Plus v0.4.0. Please install the latest Redirecting... and run pio update.

Also, see updated docs

P.S: In your case please specify test_port to Serial Port that is responsile for Serial communication.

Hmm,
running “pio test” is asking me to login to pioplus.

I am assuming that the pio plus / unit testing is now a paid feature.

Registration is free. Please take a look at free “Community” plan https://pioplus.com/comparison.html

And, the test_port option works wonderfully with mbed too now.
It is working perfectly fine with my homebrew BMP and the built in serial port !!

I am able to literally walk through my code in the IDE and see the bits toggle and change states…
:smiley:

Thank you platformio team !!

1 Like