Trouble to get PlatformIO working on Windows10

Hi,

I am not the expert in C++ but did get it working on my Rapberry pi4. But I want it also to get it working on my Windows 10 laptop but as far I know I follow all step which looks like that it is not that hard but it I can’t compile something successfully.

How can I check if all components are installed and working. Currently I have trouble for instance with “#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>” and "#include "<WEMOS_SHT3X.h>. The project is copied from my Raspberry.

With kind regards,
Chris

Which error message exactly? What code and platformio.ini?

thnx for the fast response, one of the errors and the ini file:

===== error start =====
#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (C:_Snoek\AppData\PlatformIO\sensor_tempHumidity_sht30_esp8266\src\main.cpp).C/C++(1696)
cannot open source file “user_interface.h” (dependency of “ESP8266WiFi.h”)C/C++(1696)
===== error end =====

===== platformio.ini start =====
[env:esp12e]
platform = espressif8266
board = esp12e
framework = arduino
monitor_speed = 115200
upload_speed = 115200
===== platformio.ini end =====

Forget to mention the version from PlatformIO: Core 4.3.1 Home 3.1.1

Does the project compile? The intellisense error might go away when it’s compiled for the first time and frameworks and dependencies are downloaded.

1 Like

Compile is in the screen successful but does not work while the code compiles and is then working on the wemos when using Raspberry.

(try to put the code here also but that fails…)

If it compiles it’s just an intellisense error. You can try and rebuild the Intellisense to get rid of it. Also make sure that the only extensions you have installed in VSCode are PlatformIO itself and C/C++ by Microsoft.

The same code with the same platformio.ini should work the same irregerdless of the platform it’s compiled on… Do you have the log of a compilation (pio run -t clean && pio run) for the Pi and the PC? There might be version differences.

1 Like