Toolchain installation question

Hello!
A quick question here. Does platformio install all required toolchains on any operating system?
I dont have a linux nor a Windows machine and I am trying to explain how to code for an ARM Stm32 bluepill board so i want to make sure things will go soft and error-less … is installing platformio in VScode for windows and Linux enough to start coding and flashing and debugging? (Using stlink debugger) or should we install and configure some other tools as well?

Thank you in advance.

You can view every supported operating system for the toolchain at e.g. https://api.registry.platformio.org/v3/packages/platformio/tool/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi. Windows, Linux and Mac in various architectures (x86, x86_64, i686, aarch64, arm64, linux_armv6l, linux_armv7l, linux_armv8l) is supposed.

“Any” is impossible – there are many many smaller operating systems besides Windows, Linux and Mac. We don’t have a toolchain for say, SerenityOS · GitHub :wink: Also not for architectures like MIPS.

Yes, That’s what I meant to say. What about STLink drivers? are they included as well for mac, windows and Linux OSs?

See ST-LINK — PlatformIO latest documentation.