"tone" for buzzer ? No acceptable?

One of the PIO ghosts told me about Tone32. Adding that library cleared up the issue with ‘tone’.
It was ‘tone’ deaf.

I’m going to retype it.

It just doesn’t make sense that these simple lines throw up all those errors.

Does this help? Adafruit GFX lib will not build any more (PIO 5)

Cheers,
Norm.

No, it doesn’t help. Knowing others are seeing the same error, and it’s apparently in the machine, it’s still there being an error. GFX library has to be used a lot. If there’s a problem with the currently-used library, its going to mess everybody up.

And lib_deps doesn’t work.

piling .pio\build\wemos_d1_mini32\lib99d\Adafruit BusIO\Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\wemos_d1_mini32\lib99d\Adafruit BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp.o
src\main.cpp:16:29: fatal error: Adafruit_Sensor.h: No such file or directory

• Looking for Adafruit_Sensor.h dependency? Check our library registry!

Apparently, that library has been written with a slightly broken structure. I know not what as I don’t use it.

The indtructions given on the above link, should fix things.

Cheers,
Norm.

2 Likes

From the other thread…

Yet, up above here, you have posted the dependency graph showing that it has appeared to work but failing on a completely different error:

The obvious question, why have you installed the Adafruit stuff in lib? The error shows it compiling from lib.

How did the library source code get into lib please. Tell me exactly the steps you took to install that library into this project.

If the word “download” appears, I may weep uncontrollably into my coffee! :wink: :wink: :wink:

This might help, possibly, unless the compiler is too smart and doesnt bother to compile the libraries.

I suggest, start a new project. In the main cpp file, just #include the Adafruit headers you are using now, plus any others you might need for BLE stuff. All you need is to setup the Serial monitor, and in loop(), write hello to Serial and delay 5 seconds.

Set lib_deps to list the various libraries you are currently using.

Compile.

Hopefully, it will compile, but it should install the libraries first. Did it? Look in lib - I doubt you will see anything there. Because that’s not where they live. Then live under .pio and not in the project’s lib.

Humour me, and try the above test. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Norm.

1 Like

I put it in /lib, because lib_deps didn’t work. It did work- I saw it work. But it didn’t stick.
I went back to it after a while, and the none of the scripts I’d just updated to lib_deps worked for missing libraries.

I’ll do that thing, but it’s going to 100 today. Gotta get outside now.

Need to establish an SOP.