Ssl error(platform io)

now, i try to use platform io(in vs code) from company
but i have some problem. at first i solved a problem about
pio home loading error.
but now i can’t do upload.
i think because of security program. anyway

when i do upload the error is occured like this

Tool Manager: Installing platformio/tool-avrdude @ ~1.60300.0
Error: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.registry.ns1.platformio.org’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v3/packages/platformio/tool/tool-avrdude (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1123)’)))

do you have any idea to solve this problem??

Yes most of the time. There are already topics about that

Probably your company proxy is terminating the SSL connection and replacing the certificates with their own. Thus, PlatformIO can’t verify the certificates.

You can check that by opening the affected URL https://api.registry.ns1.platformio.org/ and checking if the certificate matches what is shown in the related topics.

If that’s the case you should contact your company’s IT administrator to have an exception installed for those domains *.platformio.org. That is either done in some antivirus software but could also be done in a proxy.

I’m not sure if there’s a way to disable SSL verification (and it would also be dangerous to do so).

If anyone else has this problem here’s my solution. On a corporate network behind Zscaler.
After adding your proxy settings in environment variables PIO installed successfully but failed due to the above certificate error. Max retries exceeded with url: /v3/packages/platformio/tool/contrib-piohome (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1125)’)))

In VS Code File>Preferences>Settings search for ssl, Application>Proxy Uncheck Proxy Strict SSL. Now PIO home loads successfully. Hope this helps!