[SOLVED]My upload task is done for every board on the board list!

When I start an upload on my VSC with PlatformIO freshly installed VSC and PIO it keeps on starting the upload task when it completes over and over again infinitely. I uninstalled it all and installed again, behavior stays the same.
Yesterday I started to use VSC PIO with Arduino IDE ext. and it worked fine no loops. Now I tried to use it without Arduino IDE ext. and this gives me the task loop!
Now I found out it is something else. What happens is the task of upload is running for every board in the list despite the fact that I clearly have chosen my WEMOS d1_mini board. It produces the same number of times for every board on the list their object files in the appropriate build subfolders. all goes well because in the end it produces the list of done jobs with a SUCCESS list!
I have no idea to restrict the process to only my chosen board! Anyone to give a hint what has been set wrong???
I AM REALLY A FRESHMAN. IT IS IN THE PLATFORMIO.INI FILE - A LIST OF THE BOARDS TO HANDLE!!

No idea why it filled this platformio.ini with so many boards, but it seems to happen on certain circumstances.

Better do some reading now in the doc what really happens.
Sorry folks for bothering you all.

Welcome! :slight_smile:

To specifiy a default board, so you can happily click the … global? … upload command without having all the boards you have specified in your platformio.ini try to fire off, have a look at the default_envs parameter in the docs :wink:

1 Like