Serial monitor works when uploaded from Arduino IDE, but prints gibberish when uploaded from PlatformIO

Hi!

Here I am to ask for help since I could not find the solution even after more than a work day spent on it.

“All of a sudden”, since I cannot connect this weird platformio serial monitor problem to any previous action, all the project I’ve tried are experiencing the same. Platformio serial monitor is stuck on 9600 bps. The only way to change this is setting a new baud rate by ctrl-T intervention each time I need output test messages.

ESP32 throws at 115200 bps a couple of message lines when it is rebooted. Using Serial.begin() we can change communication speed to anything else. We can change serial monitor baud rate easily and it keeps speed configuration till a next change. Using Arduino IDE serial monitor, everything works as should. Platformio , until a couple of days, worked as expected.

Things that has already been experimented, with no result:
platformio.ini: monitor_speed = 115200
platformio.ini: board_build.f_flash = 80000000L (after reading present topic)
platformio.ini: board_build.flash_mode = qio (after reading present topic)
arduino.defaultBaudRate with 115200 value, both for user and workspace
remove and reinstall Platformio and Arduino extensions
reinstall VSCode over previous installation
Uninstall VSCode and reinstall it
Setting 115200bps on COM port at Windows Device Manager

At certain point, I was not sure if platformio.ini was being interpreted, but it is, since the following experiences thrown errors:
monitor_speed = fgr100
monitor_speded = 115200

Non-standard baud rates (1152000, 100 …) result in no error.

So, why Platformio is ignoring these baud rate setttings?
Or, would there be some configuration item that overrides all the other ones?

Please show a screenshot of VSCode the opened platformio.ini for your target project and the “monitor” task running in the shell underneath it.