Pro Micro Ubuntu errors

First point of call with Arduino Micro on linux errors should be the ModemManager… it’s an ugly beast. Doing …

sudo systemctl stop ModemManager.service

… will temporarily put at stop to it until you next reboot or restart the service… and will tell you quickly enough if it’s the culprit. If so, you can either disable the service, as you don’t need it unless you basically don’t need it unless you use a plug in modem, or you can add

ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"

to that udev rule. I would also question the VID:PID pair used… as if it’s a Pro Micro clone… unless yours is different, it may be using the Arduino 2341 vendor ID (I know mine did).

i.e. this udev rule provided with platformio (modified to include the MM_IGNORES) should apply to all arduino boards…

# Arduino boards
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2341", ATTRS{idProduct}=="[08][02]*", MODE:="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2a03", ATTRS{idProduct}=="[08][02]*", MODE:="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"

But if yours actually use the sparkfun 0x1B4F VID… this should apply their products.

# Sparkfun 3v3 and 5v Pro Micros
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1B4F", ATTRS{idProduct}=="920[3456]", MODE:="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"
# Sparkfun Fio V3
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1B4F", ATTRS{idProduct}=="F10[01]", MODE:="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1", ENV{ID_MM_PORT_IGNORE}="1"

1 Like