Printk outputs are not sent to the console using Freescale Kinetis 8.2.0, Zephyr 2.6.0, PlatformIO Core 5.20 (Home 3.3.4). Platform is FRDM-K64F.
- Install most recent PlatformIO v.2.3.3 in VS Studio Code (Core 5.2.0, Home 3.3.4).
- Install Platfrom “Freescale Kinetis”, ver. 8.2.0
- Try a blinky App and additionally add one line of code at the beginning of main:
printk(“hello world! %s\n”, CONFIG_BOARD);
- prj.conf looks like
- build and upload to FRDM-K64F
Green LED should start blinking, “hello world! …” should be seen in console .
The green LED is blinking only if CONFIG_SERIAL=n. LED is not blinking if CONFIG_SERIAL=y, printk statements are sent to console in no case.
Using the FRDM-K64F controller with the same simple application (blinky + “HelloWorld”) is working with Freescale Kinetis 8.1.0, Zephyr 2.5.0. LED is blinking properly, printk statements are sent to the console.
Without logging statements to the console application development is more complicated.
- OS: Windows 10
- PlatformIO v.2.3.3 (Core 5.2.0), Zephyr 2.6.0, Freescale Kinetis 8.2.0
Problem printk to console fails for freescale kinetis 8.2.0 (Zephyr 2.6.0) on FRDM-K64F · Issue #38631 · zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr (github.com)
was closed with the note to file this problem in this community.