[Potential dupe] Error: The PlatformIO task detection didn't contribute a task

Made the new parallel project and it worked. Should have thought of that as the problem only existed on this one project. Seems like cheating though as I still have no idea what the actual problem was or what caused it.

But thanks.

I confirm this problem at PlatformIO Core 6.0.2 Home 3.4.1.

I’m no have tasks.json file at /.vscode project folder.

Error if run Build (Ctrl+Alt+B):

Error: The PlatformIO task detection didn't contribute a task for the following configuration:
{
    "type": "PlatformIO",
    "task": "Upload",
    "problemMatcher": [
        "$platformio"
    ],
    "label": "PlatformIO: Upload"
}
The task will be ignored.
Error: The PlatformIO task detection didn't contribute a task for the following configuration:
{
    "type": "PlatformIO",
    "task": "Build",
    "problemMatcher": [
        "$platformio"
    ],
    "group": "build",
    "label": "PlatformIO: Build"
}
The task will be ignored.

I’m try exit from PlatformIO, remove ~/.platformio/.cache, and run PlatformIO, but it is not a solve.

Did you follow the original solution? Specifically, deleting your home .platformio installation (the whole folder, not just .platformio/cache) and creating a new project?

If delete ~/.platformio folder, then show error at startup VsCode:

[6/11/2022, 6:26:36 PM] Unable to resolve configuration with compilerPath
"/home/xi/.platformio/packages/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi@1.70201.0/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc".
Using "/usr/bin/gcc" instead.

It is a strange error. At least because the system has an application /usr/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc

And by the way, the PlatformIO did not forget open projects and opened them as if nothing had happened.

And, if run Build, the topicstart error is present.

It sounds like you’re not creating a new project. Create a new project, copy the platformio.ini file over (make sure to overwrite), and try to build.
If creating a new project doesn’t fix it, then since you’re on a *nix system and I was using Windows, it’s probably more appropriate for you to create a new post and reference this (old) one.
Anyway, here are the steps for you to follow, if they don’t work, I have no other help:

1. Close VSCode
  2. Delete ~/.platformio
  3. Open VSCode
  4. Wait for PlatformIO to reinstall (see status bar at the bottom and notifications)
  5. Open PlatformIO Home
  6. Create new project (select the board you want to use)
  7. Copy platformio.ini from your old project to the new one
  8. Close your old project
  9. Click build
  10. PlatformIO should automatically re-download everything and build cleanly. If it does, then copy your source/include/library files over from your old project.