PlatformIO Plus Goes Open Source, Improving Embedded Development Community Worldwide 🚀

PlatformIO is registered in Estonia, i did not known that before … but yes thank You.

1 Like

Fantastic news… it’s great to see that the ‘Plus’ features of PlatformIO will be available anyone to use… should get even more people interested in it now, and with the open sourcing of those features… more people will hopefully help out with their development and bug-squashing. :wink:

2 Likes

This is a legal entity. The R&D team is located in Ukraine :ukraine:

3 Likes

Ivan, congratulations for the deal with Western Digital and SiFive!

I’m glad PlatformIO get the attention it deserves.

Good luck with the development!

All the best,

3 Likes

This is awesome news - congratulations, good work, and thank you!

To be clear, if I change nothing about my billing right now and let it go on charging me, I get support currently priced at $95/mo for $10/mo?

1 Like

You are right! Just contact us first time via support@pioplus.com and we will activate your account for a private ticket system.

2 Likes

Ivan, congrats! Awesome work - as always :+1:
Best wishes from Thingforward!

2 Likes

Thanks, Andreas! :blush:

Really good news, I can see PlatformIO dominating the maker space and by extension thousands of new up and coming young engineers who will soon be CEO’s and CFO’s deciding where R&D budgets will be spent and putting it firmly where their hobby and love of electronics and software came from. Bravo.

2 Likes

This is awesome, I just found out about platformio, but found it tremendously useful and complete, now I understand why.
Wonderful news, great community, great development platform, I’m super excited.

1 Like

PIO is truly awesome. Especially the debugging support. well done!

Perhaps someone can take a moment to explain the business model because I, for one, am very curious.

1 Like

Hi @ivankravets,
It’s amazing, that such a powerful tool is open-sourced!
Do you have any plans to open source the VSCode debug adapter (https://www.npmjs.com/package/platformio-vscode-debug )?

PlatformIO Debugger is fully open sourced and you can use it for free even for commercial products. It is a part of the PlatformIO OSS project.

PlatformIO Labs (the legal company behind the PlatformIO OSS project) developed multiple solutions for enterprise customers based on PlatformIO OSS and its expertise. Node.JS debug adapter for VSCode is one of them. Please contact us at contact@platformio.org for further details.

1 Like

Hi, without talking about politics, does the war in Ukraine will (or already do) have consequences on PlatformIO developpement and future ?

NB: Off course I hope not

3 Likes

See my answer here

2 Likes

Hello, I am also trying to fix issues I have with debugging.
It would be helpful to see the code of the debugger, but sadly your link this one doesn’t work anymore. Did the code get moved?

Sorry, the link is fixed.