PlatformIO Linux Upload Port

Hello, I have PlatformIO in Visual Studio Code in a Chromebook that it uses linux. I am trying to upload my Sketch into an arduino nano atmega328. My problem is that when I click in Upload I get this message: “Error: Please specify upload_port for environment or use global --upload-port option.
For some development platforms it can be a USB flash drive (i.e. /media//)
*** [upload] Explicit exit, status 1”
If I try to Build, I have not errors, and I have searched a little bit about this error and I have not found anything that fix it, I have tried setting an upload_port but is not working, I think that platformIO is not detecting any port from my ChromeBook, when I go in Devices there is not anything, but I think that my ChromeBook it is detecting my USB cable as it ask me if I would like to connect it to Linux or Android (I clicked in Linux).
What could I do? Can be really that I am getting this error because PlatformIO is not detecting any USB cable in the port? How could I do that PlatformIO detects the USB cable or a device?

What USB-serial converter is on your Nano? An FTDI (used on official Arduino Nanos) or a CH340 (used in clone boards)?

Unplug the board, open a new shell, execute sudo dmesg -w to open the kernel log and follow it, then then plug the board back in. What’s the newly appeared output?

Hi thanks for replying, I think I might be using CH340 as is a clone board, but in the shell I get this:

[58821.018050] usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 18 using xhci_hcd
[58821.161248] ch341 1-1:1.0: ch341-uart converter detected
[58821.165829] ch341-uart ttyUSB0: failed to read break control: -5
[58821.165984] ch341-uart: probe of ttyUSB0 failed with error -5

Is my USB-serial converter in my Nano a CH341? Is this bad? And one more think, if I connect the Nano to a Windows it works, uploads the code, my problem I think it seems to be just with the Chromebook.

Looks like this has been known since at least 8 months:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Crostini/comments/l5uosg/crostini_can_now_connect_to_ch340based_arduino/i7gbqol/?context=8&depth=9

No solution given though. Is there a Linux kernel update available that you can install? The kernel is what should have (good) drivers for the CH34x.

Okey thank you

I don’t think so, I actually have 5.10.147-20158-g0a75306e5639, but do you know if it could work if I downgrade the Linux kernel?