'platformio' is not recognized as an internal or external command

The output from python --version is “Python 3.4.3”

Probably, it’s our problem. Could your please temporarily delete path to Python 3.4.3 from your %PATH% environment variable and try to reinstall PlatformIO IDE plugin?

I modified the path to Python3.4 and reinstalled PlatformIO. Everything is working!

So, if i restore the path to Python3.4, i have the same issue.

Why with old version of PlatformIO this didn’t happened?

I just installed platformio for the first time, on Windows 10, and I’m getting the same message when I build, but only after updating.

If I build “Blink” right after installing, no errors. However the little squirrel on the bottom-right is blue, and mouseover says

An update will be installed the next time Atom is relaunched.

If I then relaunch Atom, the blue squirrel is gone, but when I try to build I get:

‘platformio’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Unable to execute: platformio

@occamman please close IDE and remove `c:\Users%USER%.atom folder and start IDE again. It should reinstall PlatformIO IDE.

I have the same issue. I also tried a complete reinstall but I still have the same error message. It does work if I open a terminal inside atom and call platformio. But the menu build and clean commands do not work.

Please use PlatformIO IDE which has built-in PIO Core.

If you need PlatformIO Core CLI globally, see Redirecting...

No, I still have the same issue.

Strange I had a reboot in the meantime and it started working. I doubt that this did anything but now also with “Path” as system variable I no longer get the errors.

Do you use patched file from?

Yep, I replace the standard file with that one.

Could you try now to restore stable version https://raw.githubusercontent.com/platformio/platformio-atom-ide/0301e31eeace684ef7fc224e8abd5c3f3a5e5829/lib/maintenance.js

Please restart and retest. Thanks.

Ok, I removed platformio, re-installed it and everything works fine now.
Thanks for the quick fix.

That did the trick for me, too,

I am still having this issue.
I have Windows 10 & Python 2.7.10.
I have turned off McAffee realtime scan to reload platformio
I deleted the .atom directory
platformio reinstalled without any errors
If I run the “>_” command I can use pio or platformio
If I try to compile I get "‘platformio’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."
I have tried the above mentioned maintenance.js trick, but the problem persists.

What can I do net?

Thanks for your help.

Update: If I open the “>_” command line and enter “platformio run” then it builds. So the issue seems to be happening with the toolbar shorcuts.

Please uninstall PlatformIO IDE with Atom:

Now, install PlatformIO IDE Redirecting...

1 Like

Thank you ivankravets. It now works. I had not deleted the Roaming\Atom directory in the past.

Hey all,

This is really a bug :sweat: I’ve just fixed it

Please upgrade to PlatformIO 1.3.4. Does it work now?

Will you support Python 3.x in future versions?

PlatformIO uses Python’s SCons package and it doesn’t support Python 3. Nevertheless, the SCons team works on the porting code to Python 3.