Platformio dead

Hi,

I thought I had a problem because there is mo internet connection at my remote site, but I think the problem may be wider:

any help to restore PIO to a working state would be much appreciated.

If there’s anything I need to do with PIO in order to upload code to my AVRs without an internet connection, any advice would agin be much appreciated.

thanks,
Paul

Magic has happened. This morning I went into PIO to reinstall megacorex (no idea how, but thought I’d try) and after a few minutes all the errors disappeared and the megacorex folder is now in place:

So it seems to have recognised the problem and done something about it. Why did it take the best part of a day I wonder?

Very frustrating.

So back to my question now about whether I can use PIO successfully without an internet connection to upload code to my AVRs. It didn’t work when I tried, so is there perhaps a configuration item I need to set so that PIO knows there’s no internet?

thanks
Paul

You can use PlatformIO in offline mode once you complete the first compilation/uploading with the Internet. PlatformIO pulls dependent packages in runtime. We don’t predownload hundreds of gigabytes (packages) to use machine.

ok thanks, I’ll give it another try.