We’re happy to announce the next release of PlatformIO Core 3.6.1!
What is new
- Generate an include and test directories with a README file when initializing a new project
- Support in-line comments for multi-line value (
build_flags, etc) in “platformio.ini” (Project Configuration File)
$PROJECT_HASHtemplate variable for build_dir. One of the use cases is setting a global storage for project artifacts using PLATFORMIO_BUILD_DIR system environment variable. For example,
- Improved a loading speed of PIO Home “Recent News”
- Improved PIO Unified Debugger for “mbed” framework and fixed issue with missed local variables
- Introduced “Release” and “Debug” Build Configurations
- Build project in “Debug Mode” including debugging information with a new
debugtarget using platformio run command or targets option in
platformio.ini. The last option allows avoiding project rebuilding between “Run/Debug” modes. (issue #1833)
- Report on outdated 99-platformio-udev.rules (issue #1823)
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
See PlatformIO 3.6.1 Release Notes for details.
- Atom: Menu: PlatformIO > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
- VSCode: Left Sidebar > PlatformIO (icon) > Quick Access > Upgrade PlatformIO Core
Terminal: Please run
pio upgradecommand in terminal.
PIO Plus Team