Path to Shell Executable Does Not Exist

Hi all, total noob here. I have a 3d printer that is good and running, and another one from China I got a while back. Watching a youtube video about the MKS Gen L board and working on getting Marlin and the right stuff on it. When I try to build I get the message attached. How am I able to go from this message to successfully building?

Thanks for your help!

What is the list of installed VSCode extensions?

C++, Git History, and PlatformIO IDE

Where exactly did you download Marlin from? The official GitHub - MarlinFirmware/Marlin: Marlin is an optimized firmware for RepRap 3D printers based on the Arduino platform. | Many commercial 3D printers come with Marlin installed. Check with your vendor if you need source code for your specific machine. repo? Of which version?

I downloaded it from Download | Marlin Firmware and I got the 2.0.x.zip

Which environment did you select in the project environment switcher and which exact config header files did you use?

Being honest that might be my issue because i dont even know what language your speaking right now lol. I dont know if i even selected those things

You imported the project in PlatformIO through PIO Home. Then you need to select which environment (aka: target 3D printer) you want to build for, and before actually pressing the build button you need to have the approriate config copied in Marlin. There is also the Auto Build Marlin extension (Auto Build Marlin | Marlin Firmware) which abstracts away from PlatformIO and simplifies things.

What exact youtube tutorial did you follow?

MKS SGEN L V1.0 - Basics - YouTube This is the youtube video link. I followed pretty much exactly what he did in the video and his run worked and mine didnt. The visual studio stuff starts at 7:40 or so by the way

So you have an “MKS SGEN L V1.0” or “MKS GEN L V1.0”?

Can you create & build normal PlatformIO projects per PlatformIO IDE for VSCode — PlatformIO latest documentation for an Uno?

I have the MKS GEN L V1.0. Yes i was able to create and successfully build for an Uno using the link you provided

@maxgerhardt you still there my man?

Weird – I expected PlatformIO to fail equally on any project then, but it just failing on Marlin is interesting. No idea what’s causing the error though. I remember having seen this type of error, PlatformIO is being serached for in the project directory instead of the actually correct C:\Users\<user>\.platformio\penv folder:

Try one of these workarounds, or open an issue in Issues · platformio/platformio-vscode-ide · GitHub to get help from the developers.

Will do! Appreciate the help bro