i find this aggravating!!! basically peddling rubbish
i want -> * Local Debugging
the rest of this is utterly useless to me…
why do we need a subscription to use debugging in platformio? why is there no support for …
Error: Currently, PlatformIO does not support debugging for
Arduino Mega or Mega 2560 ATmega2560 (Mega 2560).
i used the subscribe to remove errors and see if i could get it to work with my cmsis-dap adapter after following the guide for its support and i get the above message.
[27901.143699] usb 2-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 59
[27904.217375] usb 2-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 60 using ehci-pci
[27904.330966] usb 2-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=03eb, idProduct=2180, bcdDevice= 1.00
[27904.330972] usb 2-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[27904.330976] usb 2-1.1: Product: MPLAB Snap ICD CMSIS-DAP
[27904.330980] usb 2-1.1: Manufacturer: Microchip Technology Incorporated
[27904.330984] usb 2-1.1: SerialNumber: ****************
[27904.332599] hid-generic 0003:03EB:2180.005B: hiddev1,hidraw2: USB HID v1.11 Device [Microchip Technology Incorporated MPLAB Snap ICD CMSIS-DAP] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1.1/input0
[27904.332859] cdc_acm 2-1.1:1.1: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
glad i didnt bother paying for it the following rubbish is useless to me.
Name PIO Plus Community
- OTA Device Manager – rubbish
- Remote Agent List – rubbish
- 1 Concurrent Remote Agent – rubbish
- 1 Share per Remote Agent – rubbish
- Remote Serial Port Monitor (50 per month) – rubbish anybody can do this piping a serial device over ssh
- Remote Firmware Updates (100 per month) – rubbish anybody can do this using scripts over ssh
- Remote Unit Testing (10 per month) – rubbish who tests them?
Name PIO Plus Professional Trial
Expires in about a month
- Local Unit Testing – rubbish the programmer does this task why pay for it???
- 30 Shares per Remote Agent – rubbish get a vps for the same price or less and do a whole lot more
- 10 Concurrent Remote Agents – rubbish as above
- Remote Serial Port Monitor (5,000 per month) – rubbish pipe serial over ssh
- Remote Firmware Updates (10,000 per month) – rubbish build this into your own firmware and put the file on your own vps or cheap $2 a month website.
- Local Debugging — this is needed why pay a subscription??? now forced to setup makefiles so i can edit on vscode and compile debug in other “free” commercial environments
- Remote Unit Testing (1,000 per month) – rubbish setup your own unit testing.
ever buy a loaf of bread and then had to pay to to eat each slice?