Package publish->approved delay or timeline

How long does it take for package to get approved?

Since the platform update cannot be done unless github checks pass as it expects latest version of packages which are not yet approved. Due to this, there is a subsequent delay introduced in releasing an update to platforms or packages.

I understand due to maintaining a clean state of package/platform repository this automation is not being done but I is it possible to somehow expedite this process with the help of CI tools?

Question for @ivankravets I think

Ivan seems too busy to reply. Its been 3 days since I have submitted the packages. No update on the approval yet. I don’t know rolling out an update is becoming too time consuming now. What if there is an urgent bugfix to be released? if this is the speed of approval then It does not seems to be a good approach.

The system blocked your account. You tried to mix packages from multiple accounts. Next time please use pio package publish --owner siwiembedded

1 Like

Hi @ivankravets
Sorry to mix things up. I thought it did not work with siwiembedded as owner so I retried (multiple times :roll_eyes:).

I again submitted a package update without siwiembedded. Should I resubmit it with right owner. There is no way to identify or view status of package which makes it confusing for maintainer. It would be great if we can have provision in pio profile to see status of packages and their current versions accepted to repository.

Thanks & Regards

Edit:
I am sure I got my account blocked again. Can somebody confirm. I submitted package without siwiembedded as owner. I will take care next time.

Why do you do this mistake every time? Would you like to use your personal username or org?

1 Like

:grimacing: as I said I thought it did not work with siwiembedded so I used my own account. It was mistake I made before you replied. I am sorry. I will take care next time :pray:

If possible can we shift all packages to my username coz it’s more convenient and faster on command line instead of making foolish mistakes.

Thank you @ivankravets

All packages were transferred to your personal account.

Thanks for using PlatformIO!

@ivankravets it’s a pleasure to use platformio. Thanks for making this.

One last query/request, I submitted a minor update to the package (siwisdk v0.7.1) and I am not sure if it was accepted or not due to the fuss created by me. So I would hold myself back to take any action until I am sure it is in processing or not.

Please re-submit with your personal account.

1 Like

Hi Ivan, ok I am sure I followed the right steps and used my personal account as decided.

I re-submitted 0.7.1 but I got failure response that framework package already exists with that version (I never got an email for that though). I unpublished the previously published package, I wanted to be sure that I publish the right one.
Pio package unpublish --type tool framework-siwisdk@0.7.1
I got success message on console that package unpublished.
Then I published again and I again got a failure response saying package already exists.
Am I doing anything wrong? Or please guide me if I am.

I think, yes. How do you imagine a picture where you publish/unpublish a million times the same version? Try to be in the developer role. Would you like to install DIFFERENT source code under THE SAME version?

I never got email for the version published successfully. I just wanted to make sure that package published was right, Probably I had made mistake thinking published one isn’t right. I should have rather increased the patch number instead if I wanted to try again and be sure of anything.

I don’t know what happened with me, but this is the first time I made such a big mess. First integration with pio repository was done @0.5.0. No problems at all and now I am making mistakes over and over :pensive:

Just publish 0.7.1. It should work now.

Can we have a maintainer page in pio account where we can see current status of packages published with their status. It would be lot easier and probably less chances of errors like I made.

Hi Ivan, Please don’t get angry on me :pensive: but It did not work. I still got the same error saying package already exists. So I would not try to use the same version and have submitted 0.7.2 instead. So we can close this.

I tried to update my platform packages

Platform siwigsm
--------
Updating ajaybhargav/siwigsm                  0.7.0                              [Up-to-date]
Updating platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi  1.80201.190214 @ ~1.80201.0        [Up-to-date]
Updating siwiembedded/framework-siwisdk       0.7.0 @ ~0.7.0                     [Up-to-date]
Updating siwiembedded/framework-siwiduino     0.4.0 @ ~0.4.0                     [Up-to-date]
Updating ajaybhargav/tool-siwiflasher         2.2.1 @ ~2.2.0                     [Up-to-date] 

but I see that some packages are still coming with organization name which is not allowing them to update.

1. Please run pio system prune
  2. Please remove ~/.platformio/packages & ~/.platformio/platforms folders. Install dev-platform again.

I feel like giving up now.

# pio platform install siwigsm
Platform Manager: Installing siwigsm
Platform Manager: siwigsm @ 0.7.0 has been installed!
Tool Manager: Installing platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ ~1.80201.0
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [####################################]  100%
Tool Manager: toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ 1.80201.190214 has been installed!
Tool Manager: Installing framework-siwisdk @ ~0.7.0
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Tool Manager: framework-siwisdk @ 0.7.0 has been installed!
Installing Python packages: pyserial
Requirement already up-to-date: pyserial>=3.4 in \.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages (3.5)

I try to update:

Platform Manager
================
Platform siwigsm
--------
Updating ajaybhargav/siwigsm                  0.7.0                              [Up-to-date]
Updating platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi  1.80201.190214 @ ~1.80201.0        [Up-to-date]
Updating ajaybhargav/framework-siwisdk        0.7.0 @ ~0.7.0                     [Up-to-date]

I thought i would see at least 0.7.1 as v0.7.1 already exist but no, and v0.7.2 submitted is not showing either :sweat:probably not accepted yet.

Hi @ivankravets sorry to bother you. But I feel my account is blocked again. I don’t know for what reason. I only did as you said. I think it would be nice if user can also get a notification of blocked account and console can throw an error instead of accepting package.

How did you check it? Do you have any issues with the publishing package?