Override kconfig for ESP32 ESP-IDF

Does anyone know how to override the defaults set in the kconfig files using ESP-IDF? When I include the arguments as build flags in my platformio.ini file, it is being overwritten by the kconfig. I can’t seem to use src_filter to ignore the file either.

What I would like to do is not need to run the idf menuconfig and set my project configuration through that tool, but rather just have it in my platformio.ini configuration.

Espressif’s CMake build system offers sdkconfig.defaults, maybe that’s what you need. Refer Project Configuration - ESP32 - — ESP-IDF Programming Guide latest documentation, sdkconfig.defaults not setting sdkconfig with menuconfig · Issue #372 · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub.

Otherwise, open an issue at Issues · platformio/platform-espressif32 · GitHub for the developers working on the ESP32 integration in PlatformIO.

Unfortunately, the sdkconfig.defaults and the autogenerated sdkconfig do not contain the parameters in the kconfig file. I am hoping to not need to update any of the other files and just the platformio.ini to meet my needs.

Hi @rashedtalukder! What exactly are you trying to override?