Mbed event library

Can you add the mbed event library. This library should standard for mbed-os 5 and mbed 2.

Does new mbed 5.3 work for you good?

Do you mean this library?

That is the right library. I didn’t work with mbed-os 5 because there are some problems with missing items in the new network library. But I hope you will support both mbed versions with the possibility to switch between, so I can test the new mbed-os 5 without using the stupid mbed online ide.

Have you updated to new mbed framework v131/5.30? We updated package a few days ago. Does it work?

According to mbed-events library, just place it to lib folder. It should look like lib/mbed-events/mbed_events.h … Also, remove TESTS and equeue/tests/ folders. If it works, I’ll add it to our registry.

Works fine. Thank you. The last mbed build is now 132 / 5.3.1.
I think the event lib should be a mbed standard lib like rtos.

Do you mean that mbed-events works?

Yes it works. I renamed the original events lib from mbed-os to mbed-events and delete the test folder. I tested with a stm32 nucleo f303k8 board.

I was also trying this out, as it seems like quite a useful library. Following the manual instructions from @ivankravets, it works fine when placed under lib/.

I see that platformio has installed the library under ~\.platformio\packages\framework-mbed\events. However, when I try to use it (by removing from my lib and changing to #include <events/mbed_events.h>, I get the following compilation error:

In file included from C:\Users\dap124\.platformio\packages\framework-mbed/events/mbed_events.h:23:0,
from src\main.cpp:2:
C:\Users\dap124\.platformio\packages\framework-mbed/events/equeue/equeue.h:29:36: fatal error: equeue/equeue_platform.h: No such file or directory
#include "equeue/equeue_platform.h"
^
compilation terminated.

It looks like the internal equeue C library is not found.

Also, in the mbed example code, this header is included with the line #include "mbed_events.h", but under platformio this just gives an error that mbed_events.h is not found.

@sstaub or @DavidPowell , please open an issue here Issues · platformio/builder-framework-mbed · GitHub

Pull request created
https://github.com/platformio/builder-framework-mbed/pull/3

@ivankravets, just a gentle reminder about this pull request. The changes are quite trivial and passed all integration checks.

Thanks a lot for your PR. Please sorry, I haven’t seen it before :frowning: