Library Manager for private repositories

Hello guys !
First I want to congratulate you because it’s real good job you did with the PlatformIO, the IDE Atom and the Library Manager.
I have few questions about this last one, I see that everybody can publish its own lib and it’s available for everyone, but ;

How your library manager works if the repository link (in the library.json) points to a private git ?
How can I configure your tool to searches libraries in your libraries database, but also in my own private libraries database ( hosted either locally or on a private git ).

Sorry for my terrible english and i hope you understand what i wanted to say
Best regards, Psykomusic

Thanks a lot for the feedback! :blush:

1. The library.json file should be accessible for PlatformIO Crawler ALL TIME
  2. The source code can be located in private repository where you should specify in manifest the downloadUrl where to find a final source code.

See example. Or even multiple examples.

What is more, you can depend on the private libraries using lib_deps option.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer !
I’ll take a look at the links you posted.
Psykomusic

Ok, so i can’t use your library manager to register private libraries that I don’t want to share ?
I tried using library.json with link to a private repository without downloadUrl, and I received the good message,

The library has been successfully registered and is waiting for moderation

In fact the library.json is hosted in public git repo, and the register was done few days ago but I can’t find the library with

platformio lib search name

I’ll try with a public git repository to see how all of this works :slight_smile:
Thank you for all,
Psykomusic

It’s OK that this type of library was not moderated. PlatformIO Library Crawler REQUIRES source code of the library to export appropriate content. Later, it will be used when you type pio lib install MyLibrary. It’s like to show “ice cream” for the whole community, but don’t allow to taste it.

If you don’t want to share source code, you need to use PlatformIO built-in VCS Library manager. See examples Redirecting...

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile: