Include file errors

I’ve been pouring 10’s of thousands of lines of legacy code into platformIO the past couple of weeks and it’s been a joy to use, I totally understand your “is my multimeter faulty?” approach and I am the same way, but I am getting solid support and a pretty slick interface, happy so far.

1 Like

I strongly suspect there was something wrong in the VSCode workspace configuration…I very rarely have any issues… and most of them are not PlatformIOs, but VSCode’s fault. Any of the problems I’ve found with PlatformIO so far Ivan’s either figured out 'n fixed or I’ve been about to do a PR to fix it up.

1 Like

OK thanks for your help Foxa and pfeerick !!
If all possible issues are handled by the community like you handled this one I’ll stick with PlatformIO for now.

2 Likes

Java installation resolved my problem

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem. could you fix it?

Most important question is “Does your project still build?” as it is either
a) a configuration issue
b) an actual error

If it’s “a” - obviously you need to fix out what is broken. This is where you need to give your platformio.ini, some minimal reproducible code, and error logs / screenshots.

If it’s “b” - my experience so far has been it’s a IntelliSense / VSCode workspace issue. The odd times IntelliSense goes stupid like this… some combination of restarting VSCode, removing the project from the workspace and re-adding it, creating a new workspace, rebuilding the project, or just ignoring it until the computer reboots next fixes it :wink:

INclude errors ???
include does not work !!! use all in one directory …
the simpl of simples program does not work on this #include <ARDUINO.H>
and implicitely on all INCLUDES!!!
why waste time on anithing else ???

PLease offer define (where ) lib_path_type with expected structure to call path

lib_path type   per  project 
                                 common to projectS
                                globaly 

and Allow for a PROVE      /xx/xxx/xxx/xxx/test.h
                                             /xx/xxx/xxx/xxx/test.cpp

and #include  <yy/yy/yyy/test.h>

call whatever  TEST

functionality   HOW ever 

untill that is possinle  Chatting about it is WASTE OF TIME 
    PlatformIO    is ready  for classifying    VERTICALY

Please STOP reviving otherwise dead threads with incoherent posts.

Where is your post providing the code that gives and error, your project configuration project.ini and a listing of the compile output showing that error?

Where is your post showing all the troubleshooting steps you have taken, ranging from ensuring you have not installed known conflicting extensions such as the Arduino and third-party intellisense extensions, to ensuring the platform you are trying to compile for has been installed, to ensuring you do not have any antivirus software conflicts?

Until you provide those basic pieces of information, you are wasting OUR time.

If you had simply wanted to know how to set up global libraries, you could have asked just about that in a new post, and I would have pointed to you to lib_extra_dirs configuration information, which you use to point PlatformIO to the folder containing any libraries you might use across multiple projects. I might have even gone to the trouble of showing you example code using it.

1 Like

That worked for me, thanks!!

1 Like

Works for me as well. Using Teensy 3.5.