I got a message 'Please configure IDF framework to include mbedTLS' after updating esp32 to version 4.4.0

Everything is still working until I update the esp32 software to version 4.4.0.

error on this line

#if !defined(MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE__SOME__PSK_ENABLED) && !defined(MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_SOME_PSK_ENABLED)
#  warning "Please configure IDF framework to include mbedTLS -> Enable pre-shared-key ciphersuites and activate at least one cipher"
#else

The picture below is about sdkconfig in the arduinoespressif32 framework. it seems like KEY_EXCHANGE is already defined here, and I don’t know why the PlatformIO is still in error.

Screen Shot 2565-06-07 at 14.23.01

In my project is included a library that depends on mbedtls. So, What should I do about this?

Thank you for your answer and attention.

Can you upload a minimal project that reproduces this error?

This is the library that I used in my project GitHub - gravitech-engineer/AIS_IoT_4G: Arduino library for AIS 4G Board

I try to include the GSMClientSecure but it failed. before that, it was still working.

I already found it!!

this is code in AIS IoT 4G

and this code in the WiFiClientSecure

#if !defined(MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE__SOME__PSK_ENABLED) && !defined(MBEDTLS_KEY_EXCHANGE_SOME_PSK_ENABLED)
#  warning "Please configure IDF framework to include mbedTLS -> Enable pre-shared-key ciphersuites and activate at least one cipher"
#else

I changed it according to WiFiClientSecure which makes it work again.

Could you open an issue in the library to let them know their build breaks with the new Arduino core?

Of course, this is my PR fix: update key exchange header checker according to WiFiClientSecure by vixtory09678 · Pull Request #8 · gravitech-engineer/AIS_IoT_4G · GitHub that resolved and merged on their library

1 Like