I can't load lib GxEPD2 and test examples

I still fail when trying to load and test a lib example.
The GXEPD2 is in the PIO Lib selection. I can install them too.
I can also add them to a new project.
The files also appear at .pio .libdesp.

I copied the content of “GxEPD_HelloWorld” into main.cpp.

But when compiling example “GxEPD_HelloWorld” always appears: xxxx.h not found.

Was mache ich falsch? :thinking:

We need the full details: platformio.ini, link to the example code you’re trying to run, full error message.

platformio.ini

; PlatformIO Project Configuration File
;
;   Build options: build flags, source filter
;   Upload options: custom upload port, speed and extra flags
;   Library options: dependencies, extra library storages
;   Advanced options: extra scripting
;
; Please visit documentation for the other options and examples
; https://docs.platformio.org/page/projectconf.html

[env:esp32dev]
platform = espressif32
board = esp32dev
framework = arduino
lib_deps =
    zinggjm/GxEPD2 @ ^1.5.0

main.cpp

#include <Arduino.h>

// GxEPD2_HelloWorld.ino by Jean-Marc Zingg

// see GxEPD2_wiring_examples.h for wiring suggestions and examples
// if you use a different wiring, you need to adapt the constructor parameters!

// uncomment next line to use class GFX of library GFX_Root instead of Adafruit_GFX
//#include <GFX.h>

#include <GxEPD2_BW.h>
#include <GxEPD2_3C.h>
#include <Fonts/FreeMonoBold9pt7b.h>

// select the display class and display driver class in the following file (new style):
#include "GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h"

// or select the display constructor line in one of the following files (old style):
#include "GxEPD2_display_selection.h"
#include "GxEPD2_display_selection_added.h"

// alternately you can copy the constructor from GxEPD2_display_selection.h or GxEPD2_display_selection_added.h to here
// e.g. for Wemos D1 mini:
//GxEPD2_BW<GxEPD2_154_D67, GxEPD2_154_D67::HEIGHT> display(GxEPD2_154_D67(/*CS=D8*/ SS, /*DC=D3*/ 0, /*RST=D4*/ 2, /*BUSY=D2*/ 4)); // GDEH0154D67

void setup()
{
  display.init(115200);
  helloWorld();
  display.hibernate();
}

const char HelloWorld[] = "Hello World!";

void helloWorld()
{
  display.setRotation(1);
  display.setFont(&FreeMonoBold9pt7b);
  display.setTextColor(GxEPD_BLACK);
  int16_t tbx, tby; uint16_t tbw, tbh;
  display.getTextBounds(HelloWorld, 0, 0, &tbx, &tby, &tbw, &tbh);
  // center the bounding box by transposition of the origin:
  uint16_t x = ((display.width() - tbw) / 2) - tbx;
  uint16_t y = ((display.height() - tbh) / 2) - tby;
  display.setFullWindow();
  display.firstPage();
  do
  {
    display.fillScreen(GxEPD_WHITE);
    display.setCursor(x, y);
    display.print(HelloWorld);
  }
  while (display.nextPage());
}

void loop() {};

Build

Task wird im Ordner Test4 ausgeführt: C:\Users\CarstenTower\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe run --environment esp32dev 

Processing esp32dev (platform: espressif32; board: esp32dev; framework: arduino)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/espressif32/esp32dev.html
PLATFORM: Espressif 32 (6.0.1) > Espressif ESP32 Dev Module
HARDWARE: ESP32 240MHz, 320KB RAM, 4MB Flash
DEBUG: Current (cmsis-dap) External (cmsis-dap, esp-bridge, esp-prog, iot-bus-jtag, jlink, minimodule, olimex-arm-usb-ocd, olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h, olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h, olimex-jtag-tiny, tumpa)
PACKAGES:
 - framework-arduinoespressif32 @ 3.20006.221224 (2.0.6)
 - tool-esptoolpy @ 1.40400.0 (4.4.0)
 - toolchain-xtensa-esp32 @ 8.4.0+2021r2-patch5
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> https://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Found 36 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
Dependency Graph
|-- GxEPD2 @ 1.5.0
|   |-- Adafruit GFX Library @ 1.11.5
|   |   |-- Adafruit BusIO @ 1.14.1
|   |   |   |-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|   |   |   |-- SPI @ 2.0.0
|   |   |-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|   |   |-- SPI @ 2.0.0
|   |-- Adafruit BusIO @ 1.14.1
|   |   |-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|   |   |-- SPI @ 2.0.0
|   |-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|   |-- SPI @ 2.0.0
|-- Adafruit GFX Library @ 1.11.5
|   |   |-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|   |   |-- SPI @ 2.0.0
|   |-- Wire @ 2.0.0
|   |-- SPI @ 2.0.0
Building in release mode
Compiling .pio\build\esp32dev\src\main.cpp.o
Archiving .pio\build\esp32dev\libda8\libAdafruit BusIO.a
src/main.cpp:16:10: fatal error: GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h: No such file or directory

********************************************************************************************
* Looking for GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h dependency? Check our library registry!
* CLI  > platformio lib search "header:GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h"
* Web  > https://registry.platformio.org/search?q=header:GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h
********************************************************************************************

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Compiling .pio\build\esp32dev\libeff\Adafruit GFX Library\Adafruit_GrayOLED.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\esp32dev\libeff\Adafruit GFX Library\Adafruit_SPITFT.cpp.o
*** [.pio\build\esp32dev\src\main.cpp.o] Error 1
======================================================== [FAILED] Took 13.72 seconds ========================================================
 *  Der Terminalprozess "C:\Users\CarstenTower\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe 'run', '--environment', 'esp32dev'" wurde mit folgendem Exitcode beendet: 1. 
 *  Das Terminal wird von Aufgaben wiederverwendet, drücken Sie zum Schließen eine beliebige Taste. 

But you didn’t copy all example files to src/?

All these missing header files are right there in the example’s folder

1 Like

Also this code looks very much like you have to comment out 2 of the 3 options. Make sure the right device type is selected one of those header files then only include that.

1 Like

I don’t really know why, but it works now. Thanks very much

But unfortunately the same display problem as with the lib GxEPD. See link. y-axis is only visible from 6pt. It works with the Arduino IDE.

Then let’s discuss that in that other topic.

Hello! Sorry to jump in after the initial problem was solved for @stoni99.
This is only my second time using PlatformIo, and my first post in this forum. Please let me know if it’s not ok to reply with another question, in which case I apologize and will open a new topic. It just seemed more logical to me to continue the conversation here.

I’m also having problems compiling the hello world example from GxEPD2 (which worked just fine on Arduino IDE).

In PlatformIo, GxEPD2_266c and display are not being recognized as declared.

I’ve included all the header files from the Hello World example in the include/ folder. Commenting and uncommenting the #include directives for “GxEPD2_display_selection.h” and “GxEPD2_display_selection_added.h” doesn’t change anything.

Within “GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h”, I’ve selected the type of display driver I need, just as I did in the Arduino IDE by uncommenting

#define GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS GxEPD2_266c     // GDEY0266Z90 152x296, SSD1680, (FPC-7510)

But that is causing errors in the build.

Any help would be really appreciated.

I’m including some information about my current situation below.
Here is the code I’m trying to compile (my main.cpp)

#include <Arduino.h>
#include <GxEPD2_BW.h>
#include <GxEPD2_3C.h>
#include <Fonts/FreeMonoBold9pt7b.h>

// select the display class and display driver class in the following file (new style):

// or select the display constructor line in one of the following files (old style):
//#include "GxEPD2_display_selection.h"
//#include "GxEPD2_display_selection_added.h"

const char HelloWorld[] = "Hello World2!";

void helloWorld()
{
  display.setRotation(2);
  display.setFont(&FreeMonoBold9pt7b);
  display.setTextColor(GxEPD_BLACK);
  int16_t tbx, tby; uint16_t tbw, tbh;
  display.getTextBounds(HelloWorld, 0, 0, &tbx, &tby, &tbw, &tbh);
  // center the bounding box by transposition of the origin:
  uint16_t x = ((display.width() - tbw) / 2) - tbx;
  uint16_t y = ((display.height() - tbh) / 2) - tby;
  display.setFullWindow();
  display.firstPage();
  do
  {
    display.fillScreen(GxEPD_WHITE);
    display.setCursor(x, y);
    display.print(HelloWorld);
  }
  while (display.nextPage());
}

void setup()
{
  display.init(115200);
  helloWorld();
  display.hibernate();
}

void loop() {};

And here is the build task output

*  Executing task: C:\Users\luisd\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe run 

Processing d1_mini (platform: espressif8266; board: d1_mini; framework: arduino)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/espressif8266/d1_mini.html
PLATFORM: Espressif 8266 (2.5.3) > WeMos D1 R2 and mini
HARDWARE: ESP8266 80MHz, 80KB RAM, 4MB Flash
PACKAGES:
 - framework-arduinoespressif8266 @ 3.20701.0 (2.7.1)
 - tool-esptool @ 1.413.0 (4.13)
 - tool-esptoolpy @ 1.20800.0 (2.8.0)
 - toolchain-xtensa @ 2.40802.200502 (4.8.2)
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> https://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Found 32 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
Dependency Graph
|-- GxEPD2 @ 1.5.1
|   |-- Adafruit GFX Library @ 1.11.5
|   |   |-- Adafruit BusIO @ 1.14.1
|   |   |   |-- Wire @ 1.0
|   |   |   |-- SPI @ 1.0
|   |   |-- Wire @ 1.0
|   |   |-- SPI @ 1.0
|   |   |-- Wire @ 1.0
|   |   |-- SPI @ 1.0
|   |-- Wire @ 1.0
|   |-- SPI @ 1.0
|-- Adafruit GFX Library @ 1.11.5
|   |   |-- Wire @ 1.0
|   |   |-- SPI @ 1.0
|   |-- Wire @ 1.0
|   |-- SPI @ 1.0
Building in release mode
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\src\main.cpp.o
Generating LD script .pio\build\d1_mini\ld\local.eagle.app.v6.common.ld
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\lib173\Wire\Wire.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\libcb1\SPI\SPI.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\lib21f\Adafruit BusIO\Adafruit_BusIO_Register.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\lib21f\Adafruit BusIO\Adafruit_I2CDevice.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\lib21f\Adafruit BusIO\Adafruit_SPIDevice.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\lib21c\Adafruit GFX Library\Adafruit_GFX.cpp.o
Compiling .pio\build\d1_mini\lib21c\Adafruit GFX Library\Adafruit_GrayOLED.cpp.o
In file included from src\main.cpp:7:0:
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:76:29: error: 'GxEPD2_266c' was not declared in this scope
 #define GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS GxEPD2_266c     // GDEY0266Z90 152x296, SSD1680, (FPC-7510)
                             ^
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:130:22: note: in expansion of macro 'GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS'
 GxEPD2_DISPLAY_CLASS<GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS, MAX_HEIGHT(GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS)> display(GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS(/*CS=D8*/ EPD_CS, /*DC=D3*/ 0, /*RST=D4*/ 2, /*BUSY=D2*/ 4));
                      ^
In file included from src\main.cpp:7:0:
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:76:29: error: 'GxEPD2_266c' was not declared in this scope
                             ^
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:125:26: note: in definition of macro 'MAX_HEIGHT'
 #define MAX_HEIGHT(EPD) (EPD::HEIGHT <= (MAX_DISPLAY_BUFFER_SIZE / 2) / (EPD::WIDTH / 8) ? EPD::HEIGHT : (MAX_DISPLAY_BUFFER_SIZE / 2) / (EPD::WIDTH / 8))
                          ^
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:130:54: note: in expansion of macro 'GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS'
 GxEPD2_DISPLAY_CLASS<GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS, MAX_HEIGHT(GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS)> display(GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS(/*CS=D8*/ EPD_CS, /*DC=D3*/ 0, /*RST=D4*/ 2, /*BUSY=D2*/ 4));
                                                      ^
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:130:163: error: template argument 1 is invalid

^
include/GxEPD2_display_selection_new_style.h:130:163: error: template argument 2 is invalid
src\main.cpp: In function 'void helloWorld()':
src\main.cpp:18:3: error: 'display' was not declared in this scope
   display.setRotation(2);
   ^
src\main.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
src\main.cpp:39:3: error: 'display' was not declared in this scope
   display.init(115200);
   ^
*** [.pio\build\d1_mini\src\main.cpp.o] Error 1
=================================================== [FAILED] Took 5.71 seconds ===================================================
 *  The terminal process "C:\Users\luisd\.platformio\penv\Scripts\platformio.exe 'run'" terminated with exit code: 1. 
 *  Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. 

My platformio.ini file:

; PlatformIO Project Configuration File
;
;   Build options: build flags, source filter
;   Upload options: custom upload port, speed and extra flags
;   Library options: dependencies, extra library storages
;   Advanced options: extra scripting
;
; Please visit documentation for the other options and examples
; https://docs.platformio.org/page/projectconf.html

[env:d1_mini]
platform = espressif8266
board = d1_mini
framework = arduino
lib_deps = zinggjm/GxEPD2@^1.5.1

But the display object will only be created when

So with

#define GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS GxEPD2_266c     

what did you chose as DISPLAY_CLASS? There’s three at the top with

I guess it’s talking about black/white, 3 colour or 7 colour.

Hey! thanks for the quick reply.

I chose GxEPD2_DISPLAY_CLASS GxEPD2_3C, as I am using a three-color display. But as you can see for some reason the display object is not being created properly.

I notices Visual Studio Code is giving me the squiggly red lines under the following statements:

#define GxEPD2_DRIVER_CLASS GxEPD2_266c

Says “‘GxEPD2_266c’ was not declared in this scope”.

And then I also get an error indication here:

This one says “template argument 1 is invalid”.
Like the driver class is not defined/does not exist. That may be because of the previous error.

Can you upload your whole exact project please to github or google drive?

Sure! I’ve uploaded it to Github
Thank you for helping me out. I’m worried it’s gonna be some silly error, but I’ve already tried to check all I could.

I downloaded and opened your project in VSCode and hit build:

There’s no problem compiling.

Remove the .pio folder of the project and Ctrl+Shift+P → Reload Window and get build again to get a clean build.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to check it out. It is reassuring to know it works on your computer.
However, I’ve tried doing as you suggested, with no success (I still get the exact same errors).

I thought it could be some configuration problem on my PlatformIo.
For reference, here is my c_pp_properties.json.

Do you notice anything weird perhaps?

//
// !!! WARNING !!! AUTO-GENERATED FILE!
// PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY IT AND USE "platformio.ini":
// https://docs.platformio.org/page/projectconf/section_env_build.html#build-flags
//
{
    "configurations": [
        {
            "name": "PlatformIO",
            "includePath": [
                "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/include",
                "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/src",
                "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/.pio/libdeps/d1_mini/GxEPD2/src",
                "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/.pio/libdeps/d1_mini/Adafruit GFX Library",
                "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/.pio/libdeps/d1_mini/Adafruit BusIO",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPI",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Wire",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/include",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/cores/esp8266",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/lwip2/include",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/variants/d1_mini",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ArduinoOTA",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/DNSServer/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/EEPROM",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266AVRISP/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPClient/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266LLMNR",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266NetBIOS",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SSDP",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SdFat/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WebServer/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFiMesh/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266httpUpdate/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266mDNS/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ethernet/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/GDBStub/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Hash/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/LittleFS/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SD/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SDFS/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPISlave/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Servo/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/TFT_Touch_Shield_V2",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ticker/src",
                "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/esp8266/src",
                ""
            ],
            "browse": {
                "limitSymbolsToIncludedHeaders": true,
                "path": [
                    "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/include",
                    "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/src",
                    "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/.pio/libdeps/d1_mini/GxEPD2/src",
                    "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/.pio/libdeps/d1_mini/Adafruit GFX Library",
                    "c:/Users/luisd/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/ePaperClock/.pio/libdeps/d1_mini/Adafruit BusIO",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPI",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Wire",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/include",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/cores/esp8266",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/tools/sdk/lwip2/include",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/variants/d1_mini",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ArduinoOTA",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/DNSServer/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/EEPROM",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266AVRISP/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPClient/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266HTTPUpdateServer/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266LLMNR",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266NetBIOS",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SSDP",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266SdFat/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WebServer/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFi/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266WiFiMesh/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266httpUpdate/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/ESP8266mDNS/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ethernet/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/GDBStub/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Hash/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/LittleFS/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SD/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SDFS/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SPISlave/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Servo/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/SoftwareSerial/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/TFT_Touch_Shield_V2",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/Ticker/src",
                    "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoespressif8266/libraries/esp8266/src",
                    ""
                ]
            },
            "defines": [
                "PLATFORMIO=60106",
                "ESP8266",
                "ARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266",
                "ARDUINO_ESP8266_WEMOS_D1MINI",
                "F_CPU=80000000L",
                "__ets__",
                "ICACHE_FLASH",
                "ARDUINO=10805",
                "ARDUINO_BOARD=\"PLATFORMIO_D1_MINI\"",
                "FLASHMODE_DIO",
                "LWIP_OPEN_SRC",
                "NONOSDK22x_190703=1",
                "TCP_MSS=536",
                "LWIP_FEATURES=1",
                "LWIP_IPV6=0",
                "VTABLES_IN_FLASH",
                ""
            ],
            "cStandard": "c99",
            "cppStandard": "c++11",
            "compilerPath": "C:/Users/luisd/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc.exe",
            "compilerArgs": [
                "-mlongcalls",
                "-mtext-section-literals",
                ""
            ]
        }
    ],
    "version": 4
}

Well that’s a really old version as well,try updating your platform with a CLIpio pkg update -g -p espressif8266.

1 Like

That was it! I was able to compile it after updating the packages.
Thank you so much for your help!