Getting Error installing nrf52 framework

Hi,

I am new to platform.io, but want to use it with vscode to develop ble application on an arduino nano 33 ble. When I create new project, I keep running into an Errno 2 from installing framework-arduino-nrf52-mbedos. I tried to install package from platformio cli and here’s the output:

PackageManager: Installing framework-arduino-nrf52-mbedos @ ~1.1.3
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [##########################----------]   72%  00:00:01
Unpacking...
Warning! Package Mirror: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 
'C:\\Users\\FernandoBautista\\.platformio\\packages\\_tmp_installing-8r3fwof4-package\\cores\\arduino\\mbed\\features\\FEATURE_BLE\\targets\\TARGET_NORDIC\\TARGET_NORDIC_SOFTDEVICE\\TARGET_MCU_NRF51822\\sdk\\source\\softdevice\\common\\softdevice_handler\\softdevice_handler_appsh.h'
Looking for another mirror...
Downloading  [####################################]  100%
Unpacking  [##########################----------]   72%  00:00:01
Unpacking...
Warning! Package Mirror: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 
'C:\\Users\\FernandoBautista\\.platformio\\packages\\_tmp_installing-0xe_j5y_-package\\cores\\arduino\\mbed\\features\\FEATURE_BLE\\targets\\TARGET_NORDIC\\TARGET_NORDIC_SOFTDEVICE\\TARGET_MCU_NRF51822\\sdk\\source\\softdevice\\common\\softdevice_handler\\softdevice_handler_appsh.h'
Looking for another mirror...
Error: Could not install 'framework-arduino-nrf52-mbedos' with version requirements '~1.1.3' for your system 'windows_amd64'.

Looks like there’s a file missing on one of the temp packages. Can anyone help fix?

Thanks!

Seems like the filename length of death. Refer to nordicnrf52 Mbed framework build error on windows · Issue #59 · platformio/platform-nordicnrf52 · GitHub for a solution on shortening the path to the .platformio folder.

wow, you are right! thanks for the help sir. I enabled windows long path names in windows registry and now it works.

1 Like