ESP-32-MINI-1 (Single core) Error (Rebooting)

Hello guys. Can someone help me?

Sorry for my English. I’m having trouble using ESP-MINI-1, because it’s single core board. Already tried to enable the unicore option in the sdk file.

Also some alternatives I found here on the forum, without success.

If someone can help me, I appreciate it!

What is the platformio.ini and sdkconfig file if you use ESP-IDF?

I’m using the Arduino framework.

Editing the sdkconfig in the framework-arduinoespressif32 folder or the local project folder has no effect on the Arduino-ESP32 build. Arduino-ESP32 is built with a preconfigured ESP-IDF configuration, the sdkconfig file is just included as a information with what options it was built and is not respected during a framework = arduino build in any way.

The Arduino-ESP32 people do not currently officially support the unicore ESP32 variants in mainstream Arduino-ESP32, as is noted in e.g. ESP32-DevKitM-1 Support? · Issue #5183 · espressif/arduino-esp32 · GitHub and DevKitc-V4 with ESP32-SOLO-1 not supported · Issue #1918 · espressif/arduino-esp32 · GitHub.

There are however solutions.

• the repo GitHub - lbernstone/arduino-esp32-solo: Compiled libraries for ESP32-SOLO hosts the ESP-IDF base compiled with unicore option. You would need to download this repo and replace the existing files in C:\Users\<user>\.platformio\packages\framework-arduinoespressif32\ with the files from the repo.
  • or, start off with an ESP-IDF project that has Arduino-ESP32 added as a component to it – this is basically Arduino-ESP32 with a freely reconfigurable ESP-IDF base, where you can then change the configuration for unicore. PlatformIO has the example project espidf-arduino-blink for this.
1 Like

It worked out! Using the Arduino framework.
Thank you so much for your help, @maxgerhardt !! :slight_smile:

1 Like