Error setting up first project

Just installed PlatformIO to try and consolidate everything in one place. When I try and make a new project I get an error similar to the below. What do I need to change so that it can find the file? I am terribly inexperienced.

PIO Core Call Error: “The current working directory C:\Users\DasNick\Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\Test will be used for the project.\n\r\nThe next files/directories have been created in C:\Users\DasNick\Documents\PlatformIO\Projects\Test\ninclude - Put project header files here\nlib - Put here project specific (private) libraries\nsrc - Put project source files here\nplatformio.ini - Project Configuration File\n\n\nError: Processing featheresp32 (platform: espressif32; board: featheresp32; framework: arduino)\n-------------------------------------------------------------------------------\nIOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘nul’:\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\main.py", line 91:\n env = DefaultEnvironment(**DEFAULT_ENV_OPTIONS)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Defaults.py", line 88:\n _default_env = SCons.Environment.Environment(*args, **kw)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Environment.py", line 982:\n apply_tools(self, tools, toolpath)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Environment.py", line 107:\n env.Tool(tool)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Environment.py", line 1789:\n tool(self)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Tool\init.py", line 190:\n self.generate(env, *args, **kw)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Tool\gcc.py", line 58:\n version = detect_version(env, env[‘CC’])\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Tool\gcc.py", line 76:\n stdout = subprocess.PIPE)\n File "C:\Users\DasNick\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\…\engine\SCons\Action.py", line 634:\n kw[‘stdin’] = open(os.devnull)\n========================== [ERROR] Took 0.53 seconds ==========================”

Uh seems like the SCons build system can’t find the compiler? If you are using VScode I’d recommend to uninstall the extension, disable antivirus and re-install the extension first.

Nope. Disabled the antivirus, reinstalled, restarted, and I am still getting the same error.

Could you uninstall it again, remove the folder

and reinstall? Maybe this folder wasn’t removed upon uninstall.