Error message when using Visual Studio

Hi there please go easy on me if I have posted in the wrong area.
When I use Visual Studio and try and build or upload I get an error- as follows
““Avr-g ++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory””
Can anyone help with this thanks John

Are you on Windows? Looks like antivirus tools block PlatformIO build system and compiler.

Have tried with Anti virus turned off.
I can build older Marlin V2 but when I use the latest Marlin V2.0.5.3 I get this error
avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
*** [.pio\build\megaatmega2560\firmware.elf] Error 1

Can you link the exact repository which you are trying to compile? What operating system version are you using?

I am using Win 10, I dont understand what you are asking me to link it is Marlin V2

Many vendors of 3D printers have forked their own repository of Marlin, so I can’t directly assume you’re using the main repository. If we look at different projects then we’re debugging different things.

So you are using Marlin/Marlin at bugfix-2.0.x · MarlinFirmware/Marlin · GitHub with the the bugfix-2.0.x branch, or where exactly did you download it?

I tried using the Bugfix-2.0 as per you link and also Marlin V2.0.5.3 from github both give the same result when I try to build them with Platformio and VS Code.
avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
*** [.pio\build\megaatmega2560\firmware.elf] Error 1
Thanks

Not reproducable for me with Release Marlin 2.0.5.3 · MarlinFirmware/Marlin · GitHub.

Linking .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.elf
Building .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.hex
Checking size .pio\build\mega2560\firmware.elf
Advanced Memory Usage is available via "PlatformIO Home > Project Inspect"
RAM:   [===       ]  29.5% (used 2418 bytes from 8192 bytes)
Flash: [==        ]  21.3% (used 54044 bytes from 253952 bytes)
= [SUCCESS] Took 95.37 seconds =

Environment               Status    Duration
------------------------  --------  ------------
mega2560                  SUCCESS   00:01:35.365

Usually avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory is a sign of either Antivirus blocking or corrupt toolchain… I suggest to remove your C:\User\<user>\.platformio\packages\toolchain-atmelavr folder so that PIO will automatically redownload the compiler toolchain and retry.

Are you able to build a normal AVR project for the megaatmega2560 board? (Like, a simple default blinky project)

Thanks for you help I found out it was my fault I was importing from the directory with the Marlin folder which contains the Config.h file. I found that that you need to import the Folder one up. This is not the case when using Arduino which I am used to.
Thanks again your feedback prompted me to have another go.