Custom Board - STM32 L072Z-LRWAN1 Discovery - PlatformIO 3.4.0b12

Hello,

I am new to ST discovery board and have been working with platformIO now for a couple of months (great work!).
So I would like to continue to work with platformIO and having difficulties to add a new ST discovery board (STM32L072Z-LRWAN1). What I tried to do is described below.

Have added the following file in boards directory (.platformio\boards)

{
“build”: {
“core”:“stm32”,
“cpu”: “cortex-m0plus”,
“f_cpu”: “32000000L”,
“mcu”: “stm32l072Z”
},
“frameworks”: [
“mbed”
],
“name”: “ST 32L072Z_LRWAN (Jeroen)”,
“upload”: {
“maximum_ram_size”: 20480,
“maximum_size”: 196608,
“protocol”: “stlink”
},
“url”: “B-L072Z-LRWAN1 - STM32L0 Discovery kit LoRa, Sigfox, low-power wireless - STMicroelectronics”,
“vendor”: “ST”
}

Platform.ini configured as follows:

[env:DISCO_L072Z_LRWAN1]
platform = ststm32
board = DISCO_L072Z_LRWAN1
framework = mbed

However when compiling I get the following error

[06/09/17 15:52:52] Processing DISCO_L072Z_LRWAN1 (platform: ststm32; board: DISCO_L072Z_LRWAN1; framework: mbed)

Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
Cannot find configuration file for your board! Please read instructions here C:\Users\Userxx\.platformio\packages\framework-mbed\platformio\README.txt
 [ERROR] Took 1.00 seconds

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for support or suggestions!

Hints are welcome … for this project I am moving to Keil (hopefully you have some tips as I prefer to use PlatformIO)

I see that a support for this board was added recently to mbed in the latest release. We should find a time and update build logic for new mbed release where you will receive access to this target.

Feel free to subscribe to PIO Plus and we will try to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

1 Like