Compile Error avr-g++

There seems to be a problem with platformio. When ever I go to re-build any arduino .ino I get an error. All I have to do is re-build it and its fine. It seems like Platformio is not converting the file into a .cpp file first. After the first run a .cpp version of my .ino appears.

Tue Apr 18 19:48:41 2017] Processing digispark-tiny (platform: atmelavr, upload_flags: -v, build_flags: -v, board:
 digispark-tiny, framework: arduino)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option

Converting Robot1.ino
Converting Robot1.ino
Collected 45 compatible libraries
Looking for dependencies...
Collected 45 compatible libraries
Looking for dependencies...
Library Dependency Graph
|-- <DigisparkTinyPinChange>
|-- <DigisparkSoftSerial>
Library Dependency Graph
|-- <DigisparkSoftSerial>
|   |-- <DigisparkTinyPinChange>
|-- <DigisparkTinyPinChange>
|   |-- <DigisparkTinyPinChange>
*** [.pioenvs/digispark-tiny/src/Robot1.ino.o] /Users/mrspriggs1/Documents/Arduino/Robot1/Digispark/RobotDebug/.pio
envs/digispark-tiny/src/Robot1.ino.o: No such file or directory
Compiling .pioenvs/digispark-tiny/src/Robot1.ino.o
avr-g++: error: src/Robot1.ino.cpp: No such file or directory
Using built-in specs.
Reading specs from /Users/mrspriggs1/.platformio/packages/toolchain-atmelavr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/device-specs/
specs-attiny85
COLLECT_GCC=avr-g++
Target: avr
Configured with: ../gcc/configure --enable-fixed-point --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/Users/jenkins/jenkins/wor
kspace/avr-gcc/label/mac-mini/objdir --enable-long-long --disable-nls --disable-checking --disable-libssp --disable
-libada --disable-shared --enable-lto --with-avrlibc=yes --with-dwarf2 --disable-doc --target=avr
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.9.2 (GCC)
========================== [ERROR] Took 0.92 seconds ==========================
Linking .pioenvs/digispark-tiny/firmware.elf
avr-g++: error: .pioenvs/digispark-tiny/src/Robot1.ino.o: No such file or directory
*** [.pioenvs/digispark-tiny/firmware.elf] Error 1
========================== [ERROR] Took 1.09 seconds ==========================

Could you open PlatformIO IDE Terminal and run these commands and share an output at http://pastebin.com

pio run -t clean
pio run -v

I found that if I save my .ino instead of building it first. I dont get the errors. As Im sure you know saving it also builds it.
Thanks for the help.

Please upgrade to PIO IDE 2.0.0.beta.3, it should work correctly now.

Ivan,
Just upgraded and its working now. Want you to know how much Ive been enjoying your work. Platformio has been great to for me and it really has made my projects a breeze. Also you have been fast helping out and getting problems straightened out. Just wondering do you ever sleep?
Jeff

P.S.
If your ever in San Francisco I would like to buy you a beer.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the warm words! Would be glad to see you in SF :slight_smile:

A little bit… Time is very valuable for me :clock1: