Charged for PIO premium

Hello,

I understand that the platformio premium model has been made free. I was having a premium individual account when it was announced last year and was overjoyed to hear the announcement.

However, I woke up today to realise that I had been charged again for the subscription.

Anyone else has this issue??

@ivankravets If it is not too trouble, can you please look into it??

Thank you and have a nice day!

Hi @krishna_chaitanya,

Thanks for contacting us and supporting PIO Plus. Yes, whole PIO Plus tools are free according to

You should receive an email in 2019 where we explained what will be with the current subscription:

1. We proposed to cancel it via PlatformIO IDE > PIO Home > Account
  2. We proposed to keep it active and support what we do. From our side, we upgraded all active subscriptions with unlimited PIO Remote and gave full access to private premium support which costs normally $100/month ( Your Gateway to Embedded Software Development Excellence · PlatformIO)

PIO Plus helped us to save PlatformIO in its original neutral and independent position and we can not describe how we are thankful to EVERYONE who subscribed to PIO Plus at that time.. Just to say “THANK YOU” is not enough… :pray:

P.S: We see an economic crisis due to COVID-19 and understand everyone who cancels the subscription.

P.S.S: Your subscription has been canceled and we did a full refund. Thanks again that supported us in those complex times.

Regards,
The PlatformIO Team.

1 Like

Hello @ivankravets

Thank you so much for the prompt response and action!!
:slight_smile:

I have had nothing but awesome and pleasant experiences on the forum!!

Thank you again so much!!

1 Like

I had the same issue. I did not know I had to cancel my subscription in order to stop the automatic renewal? Can I get a refund?