Can't modify library that's linked in platformio.ini

Hello !

I’m trying to use SmartMatrix’s branch: teensylc and since I couldn’t install it using the Library Manager, I’ve linked it in platformio.ini like this: https://github.com/pixelmatix/SmartMatrix.git#teensylc.

But, by doing this I’m not able to change any .cpp or .h inside that library.

I need to be able to do that.

Is there any solution ?

Thank you !

1 Like

You can either manually download the ZIP file for that branch and copy it into your lib/ folder to be able to make local changes to it, or you can fork the repository and push your modified code into your new fork.

2 Likes

I’ve managed to make some changes inside .piolibdeps folder. The respective .cpp and .h files now appear Modified and have a M tag.

Will these changes be permanent ? Or are they constricted only to the current project ?

I’ve ended up doing this. Thank you !

Those changes are restricted to that project, and will probably remain intact unless you do run the ‘library updates’ command.

1 Like

I’ve used the following as a solution.

I don’t know what will happen if I update the library that’s inside lib/. I will check for changes then.

Thank you !

1 Like

I don’t think PIO will touch it if it’s in your lib/ folder, as that’s really for libraries private to your project… but I’m sure you’ll find out soon enough! :laughing:

1 Like