Can't create an STM32 project

I’m trying to create a project for an STM32 board in a fresh install of Visual Code / PlatformIO. When I created the project it seemed to download loads of stuff in the background. Eventually it threw the following error. I don’t really know where to go from here. Is there a log file that gives me more info?
Can anyone give me any pointers to help me get started, please?

PIO Core Call Error: "The current working directory /home/james/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/L432KC will be used for the project.\n\nThe next files/directories have been created in /home/james/Documents/PlatformIO/Projects/L432KC\ninclude - Put project header files here\nlib - Put here project specific (private) libraries\nsrc - Put project source files here\nplatformio.ini - Project Configuration File\nPlatform Manager: Installing ststm32\nPlatform Manager: ststm32 @ 14.0.0 has been installed!\nTool Manager: Installing platformio/toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ >=1.60301.0,<1.80000.0\nTool Manager: toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi @ 1.70201.0 has been installed!\nThe platform 'ststm32' has been successfully installed!\nThe rest of the packages will be installed later depending on your build environment.\n\n\nError: Could not install package 'platformio/framework-arduinoststm32 @ ~4.20000.0' for 'linux_x86_64' system" 

The relevant bit is at the end:

Error: Could not install package 'platformio/framework-arduinoststm32 @ ~4.20000.0' for 'linux_x86_64' system"

If I go to PIO Home → Platforms → Frameworks and try to install it from there, is tells me it’s already installed, albeit V14.0.0, rather than V4.20000.0 shown in the error

Turns out my HDD was full, although I don’t understand what’s going on with those version numbers