Build failing on main PC but not on laptop

I’ve been trying to use VSCode to build marlin for my skr 1.3 board that has a lpc1768. Building on my PC does not work and I get the following:

AssertionError: :
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\main.py", line 126: env.SConscript("$BUILD_SCRIPT")     
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\..\engine\SCons\Script\SConscript.py",
line 605: 
    return _SConscript(self.fs, *files, **subst_kw)
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\..\engine\SCons\Script\SConscript.py", line 286:
    exec(compile(scriptdata, scriptname, 'exec'), call_stack[-1].globals)       
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\platforms\nxplpc-arduino-lpc176x\builder\main.py", line 136:     
    target_elf = env.BuildProgram()     
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\..\engine\SCons\Environment.py", line 224:
    return self.method(*nargs, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\tools\platformio.py", line 110:
    env.BuildFrameworks(env.get("PIOFRAMEWORK"))
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\..\engine\SCons\Environment.py", line 
 224:
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\tools\platformio.py", line 288:
    env.ConvertInoToCpp()
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\packages\tool-scons\script\..\engine\SCons\Environment.py", line 
224:
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\tools\piomisc.py", line
 198:
    out_file = c.convert(ino_nodes)     
  File "C:\Users\bencl\.platformio\penv\lib\site-packages\platformio\builder\tools\piomisc.py", line
    IGNORED
 1 failed, 0 succeeded in 00:00:00.720  
The terminal process terminated with exit code: 1
    IGNORED
Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.atformio\builder\tools\piomisc.py", line
 80:
    assert self._gcc_preprocess(contents, out_file)
 [FAILED] Took 0.72 

^Might have butchered that because vscode outputted it in a tiny column (Mod edit: Added triple backtick ``` code formatting markup before and after output)

I have everything on same versions between computers and just can’t seem to get it to build, I’ve spent the last 3 or 4 days trying different things I’ve seen online and multiple reinstalls and nothing has worked. I have no idea what I’m doing really and would appreciate if someone was able to help.

It seems the preprocessor which converts your .ino file into a .cpp file has crashed.

What is the contents of your sketch and the platformio.ini?

You could also attempt to port the code to regular C++, as seen in the FAQ, then this step shouldn’t fail.

Uhh well I don’t really know the best way of doing that, it’s a prewritten firmware for 3D printers that’s a folder of stuff. So I also don’t know how I’d port it either. Am I able to attach a zip file here or something? The platformio.ini is also like 600 lines long so I’m not sure that’d be good to just paste here?