Atmel ice debugger

Hi all. I have just joined the PlatformIO community. Have anyone tried to upload using atmel ace ave debugger. if so can you be so kind to point me in the right direction

Thanks

See the documentation at Atmel AVR — PlatformIO latest documentation. You will have to give it the right upload_protocol and any needed additional upload_flags that avrdude is supposed to use.

Hi,

I am also trying to make my Atmel ICE debugger work for uploading to a device. In the documentation it says to use “program” instead of “upload”. Is that possible to do directly from the IDE (VS Code in my case) or should I use the CLI tool?

Do you know what upload_flags are required to make it work? I haven’t used avrdude directly a lot but come from the Atmel Studio world.

Thanks,

Erik

How do you do that from CLI?

Sorry if I was being unclear. I got Atmel ICE working by running PIO run --target program. But it would be great if clicking the Upload button would also work with the ICE debugger. I think I saw somewhere that it is possible, but I haven’t been able to make it work.

Erik

I see that Microchip works on adding support of AVR to their MPLAB X IDE. Maybe, they will announce open source GDB server for Atmel ICE. There is technical problem with software debug server :frowning: