Arduino espressif

Hello everyone!

the frameworks : framework-arduinoespressif32 has precompil lib for all esp component and use the file sdkconfig fils as build flag configuration. I need to change the configuration of build flag CONFIG_UART_ISR_IN_IRAM to place usart function in RAM section!
I try to change it in sdkconfig file but does not seem to works

Is it a way to rebuild the framwork to taking in acount this flag or another way to place usart hal function in ram section?

Thanks for your help

Correct, since the library / the ESP-IDF base is precompiled, sdkconfig changes have exactly 0 effect.

You have to start your project as a ESP-IDF project with the Arduino core as component on top. This is discussed in How to setup PlatformIO for Framework developement (arduino-esp32)? - #4 by maxgerhardt with an official example available and the accompanying documentation.

Hi Max thanks for your reply!

I try the exemple espidf-arduino-blink but it does not build! some error related to espif
may it come from
platform_packages =
framework-arduinoespressif32 @ GitHub - marcovannoord/arduino-esp32: Arduino core for the ESP32

I try on my projet too by adding
platform = espressif32@4.4.0
framework = arduino, espidf

there is anther build project
CMake Error at C:/Users/thoma/.platformio/packages/framework-espidf@3.40001.200521/tools/cmake/build.cmake:185 (message):
Failed to resolve component ‘esp_ipc’.

I try :
framework = arduino

works well

and

framework = espidf

works well too

any idea?

Do you have the requirement that you must work with the 1.0.6 Arduino-ESP32 core instead of the latest 2.0.4 or 2.0.3? The current platform version with

uses Arduino-ESP32 2.0.3.

I have no restriction! I think that use good last version of arduino_ESP32 core:

PLATFORM: Espressif 32 (4.4.0) > Espressif ESP32 Dev Module
HARDWARE: ESP32 240MHz, 320KB RAM, 4MB Flash
DEBUG: Current (esp-prog) External (cmsis-dap, esp-prog, iot-bus-jtag, jlink, minimodule, olimex-arm-usb-ocd, olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h, olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h, olimex-jtag-tiny, tumpa)
PACKAGES:

• framework-arduinoespressif32 @ 3.20003.220626 (2.0.3)
  • framework-espidf @ 3.40001.200521 (4.0.1)

I try too
platform = espressif32

PLATFORM: Espressif 32 (5.0.0) > Espressif ESP32 Dev Module
HARDWARE: ESP32 240MHz, 320KB RAM, 4MB Flash
DEBUG: Current (esp-prog) External (cmsis-dap, esp-bridge, esp-prog, iot-bus-jtag, jlink, minimodule, olimex-arm-usb-ocd, olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h, olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h, olimex-jtag-tiny, tumpa)
PACKAGES:

• framework-arduinoespressif32 @ 3.20003.220626 (2.0.3)
  • framework-espidf @ 3.40401.0 (4.4.1)

and I have another issue

c:/users/thoma/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/…/lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/…/…/…/…/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: .pio\build\esp32dev\esp-idf\freertos\libfreertos.a(port_common.o):(.literal.main_task+0x10): undefined reference to app_main' c:/users/thoma/.platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld.exe: .pio\build\esp32dev\esp-idf\freertos\libfreertos.a(port_common.o): in function main_task’:
C:\Users\thoma.platformio\packages\framework-espidf\components\freertos\port/port_common.c:118: undefined reference to `app_main’
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
*** [.pio\build\esp32dev\firmware.elf] Error 1

I have a main.cpp file where I have 2 function setup() and loop()

I think you’re missing the sdkconfig file, or at least the

option, since this should create an app_main() that starts setup() and loop(). Try to copy the file into the root of your project and remove any old sdkconfig.* files to force a regeneration of the config.

Did you also copy the CMakeLists.txt from the root and src/ directory of the official example into your project?

Works perfectly!!!

my CMakeLists.txt was ok, problem come from the missing sdkconfig.default! I add in my plateformio.ini too the flag :
-DCONFIG_UART_ISR_IN_IRAM=y
and usart function from espidf sdk are place in RAM section

thank you so much, you are the best max!

There is one thing I can still don’t understand! why that does not build with :

see the result :Create a full Embedded and real time networking application with ESP32 evaluation board - YouTube

Checkout the code on GitHub luos_engine/examples/projects/ESP32 at main · Luos-io/luos_engine · GitHub
I’ll be happy to discuss and get your feedback here Luos Community