Adafruit Feather M0 Build Issue

Hi,

This is hopefully a simple issue but I cannot figure it out. Trying to build anything for an Adafruit Feather M0 board (even the default main.cpp file) I get the following error:

Processing adafruit_feather_m0 (platform: atmelsam; board: adafruit_feather_m0; framework: arduino)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Verbose mode can be enabled via `-v, --verbose` option
CONFIGURATION: https://docs.platformio.org/page/boards/atmelsam/adafruit_feather_m0.html
PLATFORM: Atmel SAM (6.0.1) > Adafruit Feather M0
HARDWARE: SAMD21G18A 48MHz, 32KB RAM, 256KB Flash
DEBUG: Current (atmel-ice) External (atmel-ice, blackmagic, jlink)
PACKAGES:
 - framework-arduino-samd-adafruit 1.6.5
 - framework-cmsis 2.50400.181126 (5.4.0)
 - framework-cmsis-atmel 1.2.0
 - toolchain-gccarmnoneeabi 1.90301.200702 (9.3.1)
LDF: Library Dependency Finder -> http://bit.ly/configure-pio-ldf
LDF Modes: Finder ~ chain, Compatibility ~ soft
Found 19 compatible libraries
Scanning dependencies...
No dependencies
Building in release mode
Compiling .pio\build\adafruit_feather_m0\FrameworkArduino\TinyUSB\Adafruit_TinyUSB_ArduinoCore\tinyusb\src\portable\nxp\transdimension\dcd_transdimension.c.o
Assembler messages:
Fatal error: can't create .pio\build\adafruit_feather_m0\FrameworkArduino\TinyUSB\Adafruit_TinyUSB_ArduinoCore\tinyusb\src\portable\nxp\transdimension\dcd_transdimension.c.o: No such file or directory
*** [.pio\build\adafruit_feather_m0\FrameworkArduino\TinyUSB\Adafruit_TinyUSB_ArduinoCore\tinyusb\src\portable\nxp\transdimension\dcd_transdimension.c.o] Error 1

Appears to be an issue with TinyUSB? I believe everything is up to date.

Thanks in advance!
-Wyatt

This path is extremely long – if you’ve additionally placed the root of the project in some deep nested folder, you will hit a Windows legacy path length limitation of 260 characters.

Either move the project up a few folders or enable “Windows Long Paths”, e.g. per here or here, and reboot.

1 Like

Interesting, thank you! It appears that building a project with a shorter path does indeed work.

Are you aware of any potential downsides associated with enabling “Windows Long Paths”?

Thanks again!

I’ve had it enabled since I had problems compiling Marlin (due to subfolders of subfolders of subfolders of subfolders in the libraries), years ago, which it resolved, and had no negative impact on anything else I was doing. The Microsoft article is also not talking about any downsides.

1 Like